Ibara pcb acting funny

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
KBZ

Ibara pcb acting funny

Post by KBZ »

Not sure what the problem is here.

Had this Ibara pcb for a while now and all of a sudden I notice the screen would go a bit dark randomly, and then suddenly really dark until I can just barely see the bullets.

any ideas?
=/
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

is this happening with only this pcb?
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

this is actually my only pcb =/
=/
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Sounds more like the setup than the PCB to me. The PCB has set default brightness and contrast etc, its more likely a capacitor or resistor in your SG or cabinet.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

thanks

I have a sg that uses a svideo jrok. my arcade psu is still showing the green light to indicate that the voltage is perfect so maybe it's the jrok?
=/
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

the setup is now not displaying anything.

voltage under load at the board was 4.85 voltage under load at the jrok was 5.11

adjusting the jrok or the board to 5.0 didn't change anything and every other system still works fine through the monitor =/

I haven't seen this happen before, although I remember iatneh's ketsui board not displaying though my sg while ibara worked fine.

not sure what's up here =/
=/
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

...Check for loose wires?
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

hope it's just that. I'll try rewiring the thing tomorrow
=/
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

found a bent pin on my svideo jack. Replaced with a new chasis jack and everything looks good.

:oops: :oops:

thanks guys.
=/
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Good find. That's not an easy thing to spot sometimes when you're already fearing the worst.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Kingbuzzo wrote:found a bent pin on my svideo jack. Replaced with a new chasis jack and everything looks good.

:oops: :oops:

thanks guys.
you are running through a PVM right? it can handle a 15khz signal right?

why not just wire your SG for RGB and avoid encoders all together?
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

the rgb input seems to be busted on this PVM. I have another PVM with working RGB but I can't be arsed to open it up and set the geometry.

I think it was being fed a bit more than +5v from my first supergun build and something was blown. Probably needs a new capacitor or something.

Even so, I've done side by side comparisons with the rgb and svideo on these monitors and I just can not see any difference whatsoever.

the sivdeo on one of my other monitors however, looks like shit compared to the component feeds. So go figure.
=/
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

The most noticeable difference for S-video vs. RGB should be on red objects with sharp borders, at least that is where it is more noticeable for me, but only if I am looking for it. And that is on still screens too. If things are moving around, then my attention is occupied by other things.

FLAC vs. 192 kbps mp3 on the other hand...... I cannot tell the difference :P

Anyway, good catch. Hasn't that gun been rebuilt/rewired a dozen times already?
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

iatneH wrote:The most noticeable difference for S-video vs. RGB should be on red objects with sharp borders, at least that is where it is more noticeable for me, but only if I am looking for it. And that is on still screens too. If things are moving around, then my attention is occupied by other things.

FLAC vs. 192 kbps mp3 on the other hand...... I cannot tell the difference :P

Anyway, good catch. Hasn't that gun been rebuilt/rewired a dozen times already?
are you kidding me? Flac and 192mp3 is like night and day! Ok, maybe dusk and day, but I can tell the difference though my iems if I'm familiar with the track.

and yeah this SG has been rebuilt in many different forms with several different PSUs.

Image Image
=/