The best options for saving the HRAP3?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Kaptenkofot

The best options for saving the HRAP3?

Post by Kaptenkofot »

I apparently chose the worst time to get interested in (mame) shmups with all the sfiv hype going on right now...

In a perfect world I would have commissioned a wooden box and built the stick from there, but everyone had long waiting times and I didn't have the patience.

So with some effort I eventually found a heavily overpriced HRAP3 for the PS3 within the EU borders and ordered it. It was that or settling with a x-arcade so...
I have now had it for a few weeks and I'm quite disappointed with the Sanwa stick and with the strange buttons as well.

I have read on about modding it and would like you guys opinion on how to make the best out of this horrible buy.
As I understand it, the only stick that would fit is the Seimitsu LS-56. Is this a good choice for shmups at all? As the LS-32 won't fit it seems I'm stuck with this alternative... Is it worth the time and effort to change the stick to the LS-56? Any other options? Extra springs?

When it comes to the buttons, I understand that screw-ins are a no go but
it looks like I can get either the seimistu ps-15 or the ps-14 delivered fairly quick, are any of these a good alternative in your opinion? Or is it worth the work to get the seimistu screw-ins to fit instead?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any bad grammar.
LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay »

The Seimitsu buttons you're talking about are both great. Should give you a much better feel than you have with your stock buttons.

The LS-56 is a good stick too. I'm not sure if it's the preferred Seimitsu for Shmups, but you'll like it a lot better than the Sanwa I would think. It's not as loose as the JLF is.

And your grammar is actually very good :D
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

LS-32 is the best for shmups.....not too sure about the LS-56, but i seem to recall that its looser than the LS-32,but dont quote me on that...meaning it wouldnt be a great replacement for you if you arent liking the looseness of the JLF

and yes...seimitsu buttons are great.....and not as sensitive as sanwa so not as much worry of accidentally activating buttons just by resting your fingers on them

you can get LS-32's into HRAPS without too much trouble...just need to make some modifications to the case and joystick mounts