Kamui + RefleX + Alltynex 2nd (Siter Skain)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Enhasa

Kamui + RefleX + Alltynex 2nd (Siter Skain)

Post by Enhasa »

Considered by many to be the best doujin game ever created, Kamui is an awesome shooter by Siter Skain. This game was heavily inspired by RayForce and Soukyugurentai, and it shows. After a long hiatus, Siter Skain finally released RefleX, which incorporates the reflect shield mechanic from Giga Wing. Alltynex 2nd is the next game and features an abusive sword mechanic à la Radiant Silvergun.

Ltc's 27.7 million replay at YouTube: 1 2 3
Options translation for Kamui (thanks Kiken!)
Scoring in RefleX

Use only one credit, of course. Please specify game and difficulty. Submit your scores in the format:
Kamui (Normal)
6,543,210 - Gavin - Stage 6
Kamui (Easy):
Kamui (Normal):
  1. 27,779,500 - Ltc - ALL
  2. 22,418,120 - BIL - ALL
  3. 18,135,200 - Enhasa - ALL
  4. 16,565,680 - Ltc - ALL [grey ship]
  5. 12,251,650 - RFP - Stage 4
  6. 10,376,840 - Gespenst - Stage 6
Kamui (Hard):
  1. 23,163,540 - Ltc - ALL
  2. 9,547,950 - Ltc - ALL [grey ship]
RefleX:
  1. 12,442,928 - Ltc - ALL
Alltynex 2nd (demo: will replace once full version is released, which will probably be around the year 2097, at which time you could just play One Must Fall, X-Kaliber, or Wipeout IRL so why bother!!):
Last edited by Enhasa on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 15 times in total.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

After talking with LtC about why there was no Kamui thread, I'm making one. He should be posting his scores soon. :)

Since there are currently no scores for any Siter Skain game, for now I am making a combined thread for more activity. If enough scores are posted, the thread can be split into separate threads for each game later.

My hard drive crashed in late 2008, so I can only go by memory for my scores, sorry. I don't remember my Alltynex 2nd score, but I don't think it was any good anyway. (Edit: For posterity, my c73 RefRain demo score is 488,xxx, but two Comiket demos later, it's not like it means anything since c73 is one stage long and c75 is three. But at least I have this recorded somewhere now.)

If anyone has any links to WR scores or high scoring replays, please share them! Also correct me if I messed anything up, like if the other games have multiple difficulties (I don't remember).
Last edited by Enhasa on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lgb

Post by lgb »

Kamui looks alright to me. If you really want, I suppose you could put up a list for Score Attack.

(Of course, I'm always going to pine about how the Easy board is below the Normal board, but yeah...)

Don't have Kamui anymore. Should find it again eventually.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

If someone submits a Score Attack score, I suppose I would put up a list for it.

Is Normal above Easy a pet peeve of yours? My logic is that Normal is default, but I don't care either way and increasing difficulties makes sense too. I guess I'll change that.

lgb

Post by lgb »

A lot of things are "pet peeves" for me. I could probably write a book about them.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Oh yeah, Kamui and RefleX are one of my biggest favourites!

RefleX
11,357,818 - Ltc - ALL

I made this run to unlock Zodiac master, never really meant it as score run but it's still the best I've done.

Kamui (Normal)
25,859,370 - Ltc - ALL

Sloppy run, I missed a lot of points in some stages.

Kamui (Hard)
23,163,540 - Ltc - ALL

I think I've only made 2 1cc runs on hard and this is the only one where I've gone for score, stage 6 is a monster -_-.

I think the Kamui runs were played on v1.08 even though I don't think it makes difference score wise. Also, you'll have to teach me how to score over 30KK in Kamui since I always thought the theoretical limit for score was something around 35KK, maybe I'm missing something from the score mechanics.
Last edited by LtC on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

ROFL, I'm pretty sure I got a decimal place off then. :oops: 88mil is probably impossible, 8.8mil on the other hand is rather pedestrian.

I think this is the benefit of proofpics, lol.

Nice scores. Now I'm the one who is curious to see how you scored so well. ;)

LtC

Post by LtC »

Enhasa wrote:Nice scores. Now I'm the one who is curious to see how you scored so well. ;)
Basically you'll just have to aim to get 16X multiplier for pretty much everything. The boss main parts alone are worth 50k, 60k, 70k, 80k, 90k, 100k which 5.6M alone itself, not to mention the amount you can get with killing missiles, mines etc.

I haven't played this for a while so I made another run and there were some rather embarrassing moments like totally missing stage 3 midboss (I didn't know it runs away so fast -_-) which already cost 240k in score.

Kamui (Normal)
27,779,500 - Ltc - ALL

I recorded this run so if anyone really wants (Which I doubt :P) I can upload it or part of it on Youtube if someone wants more detailed tips for scoring on some parts. Anyways the game is a lot more interesting on hard when the homing laser mechanics become really nasty and how you're supposed to dodge them completely changes .
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

I think back when I played Kamui I was a far crappier player than I am now (not that I am "good" right now but at least I'm better than before), and for Reflex, I got the 1cc and that was it so I know that score could be much improved.

If you don't know of a better replay out there, I would be very appreciative to watch it on Youtube if you would do that, thanks.

I've never played on Hard. Do you need to make tight circles while dodging?

LtC

Post by LtC »

Here:
Part 1(Stage 1&2)
Part 2(Stage 3&4)
Part 3(Stage 5&6)

I wrote explanations for the important parts into the video descriptions, I hope it helps.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Thanks a ton. I'm adding your Youtube links to the first post because they're the best I know of right now. I must have been playing almost purely for survival and have no idea what I was doing scoring-wise because I definitely don't thunder enough. I tend to play most games (and all doujins like Touhou, Ether Vapor, Diadra Empty) for rapid 1cc and only play for score if I really like a game enough to do it. I guess most people are probably that way.

Your descriptions are really helpful too, btw. All in all, your links were worth creating this thread, heh.

LtC

Post by LtC »

量産機使用可能 mode. (Mass produced Kamui ship (Grey ship)). Unlocked by beating the game in all difficulties, I think you can use continues as well:
In title screen press right arrow button in main menu. The title screen will say 量産機使用可能 in red above. Start the game.

Kamui 量産機使用可能 (Normal)
16,565,680 - Ltc - ALL

Kamui 量産機使用可能 (Hard)
9,547,950 - Ltc - ALL

I think it's fair to have another chart for this ship since it's a lot slower, gets less shield, weaker special attack, and only up to 12X multiplier from thunder. Only thing that's a little more powerful is the main weapon but it doesn't guard you from the sides (like missiles) like the default ship's main rapid weapon does.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

I agree with you on adding another chart for this ship, but since participation in this thread is so low, I will just denote the ship on the same chart for now.

LtC

Post by LtC »

Was playing some RefleX again and ended up with a 1cc and tiny improvement on my old score.

RefleX
12,442,928 - Ltc - ALL
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

KAMUI
10376840 - Gespenst - 6
owned by the angry space station, as usual T_T
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

I put you down as Normal. Let me know if I assumed wrong.

Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Kamui - Normal difficulty

12,251,650 - RFP - 4
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Enhasa

Re: Kamui + RefleX + Alltynex 2nd (Siter Skain)

Post by Enhasa »

Updated.

Ok, my score is apparently beyond terrible. I'm wondering if it's even possible to be that bad. Meaning, maybe I had 18,xxx,xxx or something. Although Rando has some yy,xxx,xxx sort of scores on some boards, I was never really comfortable not knowing my exact score, plus it sucks anyway, so I'm removing mine. Now this board looks even more empty but what can you do. I have a lot less time than I had before, plus some other issues now, so no guarantees, but I will try to produce some respectable scores later.

LtC

Post by LtC »

Enhasa wrote:Updated.

Ok, my score is apparently beyond terrible. I'm wondering if it's even possible to be that bad. Meaning, maybe I had 18,xxx,xxx or something. Although Rando has some yy,xxx,xxx sort of scores on some boards, I was never really comfortable not knowing my exact score, plus it sucks anyway, so I'm removing mine. Now this board looks even more empty but what can you do. I have a lot less time than I had before, plus some other issues now, so no guarantees, but I will try to produce some respectable scores later.
Your score was perfectly normal. I believe my first 1cc's were around that as well when I played completely for survival. With 12M on st4 you could easily end up 25M+ by the end.

Slack less and play more Kamui Enhasa
BIL

Post by BIL »

Just a quick Kamui score to bump the thread, and bulk the table up a bit. This game deserves a lot more HS love.

Kamui(Normal)
16,572,480 - BIL - Stage 6

(please ignore the "RZR," I have a bad habit of using extra character spaces just because.)

I've enjoyed Kamui for years even without really getting into the scoring... I used to think Normal was weak, but geeze, Hard humbled me pretty damn quickly once I stopped wiping stuff out indiscriminately! Will definitely work on a decent Normal ALL score for now. LtC, your scores and videos really opened my eyes!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Kamui(Normal)
22,418,120 - BIL - ALL

Beat my old score by a healthy margin, but this was still very much a tentative run. I'll polish up my Normal clear a bit (my stage 5 & 6 scores need work), then move onto Hard.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Updated, thanks to Bill for bugging me. 8)

Notice I added my own stealth score, lol. I was kinda hesitant playing this for score because based on memory I thought this game was really long, but thankfully it's not.

LtC

Post by LtC »

Alltynex 2nd (demo: will replace once full version is released, which will probably be around the year 2097, at which time you could just play One Must Fall, X-Kaliber, or Wipeout IRL so why bother!!):
Alltynex 2nd(Normal)
LtC - 13,932,150 - ALL

The scoring system is a 1-up from RefleX. Will probably work on scoring better and tackling hard later.
BonusJZ

Post by BonusJZ »

Alltynex Second (Normal)
BonusJZ - 15,298,540 - ALL

Here the replay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonusjz#gri ... 888CF96090
“Battle stations, battle stations, all hands to battle stations, this is not a drill, i say, this is not a drill…”
1CC list:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 37#p206937
LtC

Post by LtC »

Forgot to mention I was using Type-A craft. (The regular one). Anyway, new score:

Alltynex 2nd(Normal)
LtC - 17,575,160 - ALL - A
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Alltynex 2nd (Hard, suicide bullet OFF)
S.S - 14,428,290 - ALL - Type A

Anyone else working on suicide bullet mode? Unlocked it yesterday and it's much harder than I thought it was.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Subterranean Sun wrote:Anyone else working on suicide bullet mode? Unlocked it yesterday and it's much harder than I thought it was.
How is it unlocked?

Alltynex 2nd (Hard, suicide bullet OFF)
LtC - 17,373,210 - ALL - A
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

You unlock it by beating the game on hard (credit feeding is okay). Then you must go to title screen and press right arrow button. You will know you did it right if you see the title screen turns red.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Subterranean Sun wrote:You unlock it by beating the game on hard (credit feeding is okay). Then you must go to title screen and press right arrow button. You will know you did it right if you see the title screen turns red.
Sounds like the same way you do it in Kamui, Although it doesn't seem to work for me or I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it's also something else than clearing hard. I tried clearing Easy as well but it didn't unlock it either.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Well I cleared Easy then I got advanced weapons by clearing Normal and then suicide bullets by clearing Hard (credit feeding all the way!) then pressing right cursor key at title screen but can someone translate the Information screen? The first set of figures refer to the number of times played on each difficulty and the number of times cleared, but the rest of it might as well be in a foreign language lol :D
Also, what is the point of the Blade Motion Stop option? I get what it does but can't understand why such an arbritrary option is available!