Sound skipping / popping with Neo and Atomiswave Candy Cab

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
hedorah

Sound skipping / popping with Neo and Atomiswave Candy Cab

Post by hedorah »

Hey Guys,

I have a strange issue with my recently purchased Atomiswave Candy Cab and Neo One Slot Kit. When hooking up the Neo to the Jamma harness and powering on the system the sound on the games cut in and out, and I get an audible popping noise from the monitor. The noise timing is consistent and appears to be around twice a second. Otherwise the sound is fine (not garbled) and the graphics on the monitor are A-OK. So no screen corruption or tearing. I have tried multiple games and they all exhibit the same issue, also connecting / disconnecting the speaker lead to the neo headphone or speaker pins does not seem to make any difference.

Unfortunately the rest of my Jamma boards are out of state so I am at a loss on whether it is the cab or the neo. However before transporting the cab we tested a cps2 game from the seller and everything was fine at that point. Something could have gone wrong during the move, but I duno.

I have run the VGA out to a Dreamcast and everything is fine on that end of things, no popping noises from the monitor, but I realize that is apples and oranges as far as a comparison test as the dc is powered seperately.

I want to say it seems like a grounding issue with either the cab or the board, but honestly I am a retard when it comes to electrical engineering so this is all just a wild guess.

Anyone have any idea what can be causing this? Bad PSU? Wrong voltage setting, etc?