Stuffmonger's got a house, YO! (delayed)2009! Long Beach, CA

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
stuffmonger

Stuffmonger's got a house, YO! (delayed)2009! Long Beach, CA

Post by stuffmonger »

I am in the process of buying a house, and now that I've had an offer accepted and will start escrow, I need to set something up. Plus, I haven't seen many neo folks around lately (with the exceptions of the couple I see daily). The last day of escrow will be early to mid-march, so let's set this thing up for April 11th or 25th so I can get a chance to clean up a little and get organized. I'm going to be poor for the next few years what with mortgage payments and everything, so it'll have to be either a potluck/barbeque or everyone chips in some for a food run type of thing. I'm getting a nice big room for the arcades, so I can accommodate a bunch of folks.
Entertainment as follows:
game consoles: jap/usa wii, usa ps2/ps1, nes, atari 2600
arcades: (look at the collection page in my sig).
Game consoles will run on a 65" tv
If anyone wants to get crafty, we can also setup a little lan area for pc as well (I have a second pc I can use, plus a wireless router).

Hope to see some of the old faces again.
~stuffmonger~
Last edited by stuffmonger on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Hey, man. Congratulations on your new place. You can count me in for the meet.
stuffmonger

Post by stuffmonger »

Necronopticous wrote:Hey, man. Congratulations on your new place. You can count me in for the meet.
Thanks, I'll add you to the list.
stuffmonger

Post by stuffmonger »

Well, I found out that I need to replace the electrical wiring in the house in order to use enough power to run all my machines, so this meet will have to be delayed until I can do just that.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Rather than upgrading a single circuit in your game room, just run some heavy duty extensions cords to other outlets in the house which live on separate breakers to distribute the amp load. I split my load between garage and laundry room, which is usually a higher amp circuit anyway.
stuffmonger

Post by stuffmonger »

Dave_K. wrote:Rather than upgrading a single circuit in your game room, just run some heavy duty extensions cords to other outlets in the house which live on separate breakers to distribute the amp load. I split my load between garage and laundry room, which is usually a higher amp circuit anyway.
The entire house is run off 2 fuses which should be 15amp (what the wires are rated for, but they have oversized fuses in them (which can be a fire hazard). So, in a more modern house, you'd be accurate, but my house has the electrical system of a house built in the 20's (which it was).
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

Count me in homie, your collection is insane!! I hope you get the power issue figured out! :)
Hardstepah

Post by Hardstepah »

WOW! i wish i still lived in LBC, id be at your house every day!
Games Wanted:
DoDonPachi PSX, Persona 4, Fatal Frame (all), J360 Console