RQ: ESPGaluda arrange scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Scrub

RQ: ESPGaluda arrange scoring

Post by Scrub »

While playing around in arrange mode, I noticed that the "bubble kill" multiplier from ESPRaDe has been carried over. How does this work with the multiplier you get from canceling stuff in kakusei mode (the gold "x###" up to 100)? Do they stack? or does the ESPRaDe multiplier not apply to gold ingots?

Also, do Kakusei overmode levels stay if you exit Kakusei mode and enter it again?
freddiebamboo

Re: RQ: ESPGaluda arrange scoring

Post by freddiebamboo »

Scrub wrote:While playing around in arrange mode, I noticed that the "bubble kill" multiplier from ESPRaDe has been carried over. How does this work with the multiplier you get from canceling stuff in kakusei mode (the gold "x###" up to 100)? Do they stack? or does the ESPRaDe multiplier not apply to gold ingots?
The bubble shot gives a max of x16 bonus for killing stuff when in normal mode and up to a x64 bonus on all bullets from that enemy in kakusei mode IIRC, although it has been years since I played this. So basically, yes they stack - thats why the arrange scores are much higher than the normal game. MMM's vid was how I got used to the game, and he's put it up at youtube here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmMNcySLWE4
Also, do Kakusei overmode levels stay if you exit Kakusei mode and enter it again?
Yes for the main game, I've no idea about how the over levels work in arrange however.
Scrub

Post by Scrub »

Thank you, kind sir. That clears things up nicely.

900x100x64=5,760,000 pts. per bullet cancelled w/ max gold value :shock:
ave

Post by ave »

I've got some problems regarding the scoring techniques in Arrange Mode. Confused about what counts to get a x64 multiplier, I am getting x8 up to x64 for the same enemies & mass of bullets. What are the basic ingredients to receive a x64 multiplier? Is it needed to use the bubble shot maybe? I watched the superplays a lot of times but I am kind of too blind to figure it out :x
THE ETERNAL
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

You need to kill enemies with your bubble shot and normal shot to get the multiplier active aventus. The multiplier you get is affected by how much of your bubble shot was hitting the enemy when it is killed by your normal shot IIRC. Basically you need to time how long between bubble shooting a baddie and then hitting normal shot to kill it, as too early or late results in a lower multiplier.
ave

Post by ave »

So a high multiplier is the result of a balanced hitting of the enemy with both, bubble and normal shot (both in kakusei mode, mind you)? That would explain why popcorn enemies, taken down by the normal shot, never give x64-gold. I'll give it a shot, maybe that was the missing part.

/edit
I don't get it -_- Sometimes it says x64, sometimes (using the same tactic from my point of view) it's even below x10. I try to shoot down the enemies using the bubbles (and weaken them with the normal shot), but that doesn't seem to affect my scoring. :?:
THE ETERNAL
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

It's just all down to timing mate. See 0:27 and 0:38 in the video for how it looks on screen and to get an idea of what to press and when. It might sound obvious, but just playing stage 1 over and over again will eventually get your timing sorted out for x64ing in the game.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

aventus wrote:I try to shoot down the enemies using the bubbles (and weaken them with the normal shot)
It's the opposite. The killing blow should be done with the normal shot, while the bubbles are touching the enemy.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.