Shikigami no Shiro 2 (all systems)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Great progress there. you already have 4/8 first places!
Have you ever tried extreme mode? That'd be quite a good challenge.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
BER

Post by BER »

Plasmo wrote:Great progress there. you already have 4/8 first places!
Thanks, Plasmo!
Plasmo wrote:Have you ever tried extreme mode? That'd be quite a good challenge.
I tried extreme mode a little bit for fun, but I'm not going to take it seriously, because Arcadia doesn't keep track of top scores from that mode. Trying to get higher scores in normal mode is quite a good challenge already!
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
clp

Post by clp »

plasmo can you add my score please it seems to have been over looked , thank you
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Whoops, indeed I did. Sorry, updated!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
TLB

Post by TLB »

I should get back into this game some time >.>

Nice scores, guys!
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Roger Sasuke (PS2 ver.):
BER - 3,723,352,190 - Roger2 - 13,775 - All

Work in progress. I was too timid from the stage 3-2 boss onward, so I'm working on beefing up my score early in the game to compensate.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

I scratched a bit in the last weekend.

Third_strike - 5,477,757,850 - Kuga2 - 34,898 - All

Miss=6 :?

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Roger Sasuke (PS2 ver.):
BER - 3,861,279,410 - Roger2 - 14,424 - All

Being a little more fearless early on worked! My stage 5-1 score was garbage--about 320 million with one miss--but my high scoring early on more than compensated for that.

I'll work on either Niigi or Fumiko next, depending on my mood.
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Niigi G.B. (PS2 ver.):
BER - 3,584,021,380 - Niigi2 - 16,388 - All

Work in progress. I noted my stage scores for once, and I'd like to share them with you all (Let M be a life lost--a "miss"--and B be a bomb used):
  • 1-1: 387,914,710 (0M/0B)
  • 1-2: 340,032,660 (0M/1B)
  • 2-1: 373,913,960 (1M/1B)
  • 2-2: 478,139,520 (0M/1B)
  • 3-1: 362,093,300 (1M/1B)
  • 3-2: 300,462,890 (1M/1B)
  • 4-1: 415,432,220 (0M/0B)
  • 4-2: 280,641,390 (0M/4B)
  • 5-1: 396,739,450 (1M/0B)
  • 5-2: 248,651,280 (0M/2B)
I had three bombs going into stage 5-2, but I forgot to use one on the boss's fourth form as demonstrated in the Appreciate DVD. I was so used to using only one bomb on the first form as practiced.
BER

Post by BER »

Niigi G.B. (PC ver. [replay]):
BER - 3,928,877,510 - Niigi2 - 19,071 - All

It took me about 55 hours to go from ~3.1 billion points to ~3.9 billion. Making this sort of jump in score with Niigi took longer than with any of the other characters (except Fumiko, who I haven't played yet recently). Since she is so difficult to use for high-scoring play, I don't want to play as her for a long time.

Next up is the mysterious Fumiko.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

:D Good!
I was thinking about you in past week, is nice see you here again.
:) Then let me now, You think playing the other versions of this game?
Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

third_strike wrote::D Good!
I was thinking about you in past week, is nice see you here again.
Hehe, thanks. I spent the last two months in practice mode, because it was difficult to score consistently well with Nigii 2. I had to do so many things precisely with her: position myself in tight spaces, move so that my shield doesn't absorb bullets that I want to graze, make sure that my shield doesn't get overloaded with bullets, remind myself that the shield rotates a little slowly, and so on. I played about an hour a day on weekdays because my breaks from work would be boring otherwise. But I was too mortified to put up with all the stuff I have to do with Niigi over the weekends, so I played more casual games. Overall, I spent fewer hours per week with Niigi than with the other characters.

It wasn't until last week when I started getting good scores consistently. That made me motivated enough to handle a full run with Niigi today.
third_strike wrote::) Then let me now, You think playing the other versions of this game?
Not yet. I'll stick with II until my progress peaks.
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Fumiko O.V. (PC replay):
BER - 3,082,944,140 - Fumiko1 - 12,367 - All

I have a higher-scoring run (click here for the PC replay). But during the stage 3-1 boss fight, my computer decided to process something other than the game, which made my game slow down and stutter for a couple of seconds. That might have given me some unfair advantage, so I opt to submit my cleaner run (played without any unusual slowdown occurring) instead. I'm still figuring out what my computer was doing, so it won't happen again.

In the meantime, I'll stick with Fumiko.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

When playing Shik 3, my PC some times exit the game. This can happen after any stage. I hope don't lose one really good run in this. Well, I acept tips for solve this.

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Fumiko O.V. (PC replay):
BER - 3,265,612,850 - Fumiko1 - 13,516 - All

For a run with a few unusual mishaps, the result turned out all right...
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Kohtaro Kuga (PC ver.):
BER - 4,521,817,790 - Kuga2 - 24,664 - All

I've been playing in Practice Mode for about eight hours, and this run was my first attempt at a full run. I was playing scared, but I'm happy with the result nonetheless.

I have the replay file for the PC version, but I couldn't upload it to shmups.com for some strange reason. If anyone wants it now, I'd be happy to upload it elsewhere.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Replay please and congrats for the new score!
Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

third_strike wrote:Replay please and congrats for the new score!
Thanks! Here's the DAT replay file. Let me know if you prefer a different way of downloading it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/211666347/k ... 7.dat.html

My run looks a little silly after stage 3-1, because I didn't practice thoroughly enough from that stage. I'm particularly embarrassed about where I placed my shikigami at the start of the boss battle in stage 4-1. Even then, I didn't have the rhythm down at all for milking the stage 2-2 boss.

I damaged myself purposefully in stage 2-1, because my score was well ahead of my stage goals and I wanted more bombs for the end of the game. The other times I was damaged were mistakes, however.

Also, even though I learn from the Appreciate DVD, I haven't implemented all of the techniques from that replay into my runs yet. For example, whenever the stage 1-2 boss summons four pink balls, the DVD player destroys two of them, dismisses his shikigami for a little bit, and destroys the other two. I destroy all four in one go, which requires less precise timing, but earns fewer points since I can't collect all of the coins at x8 on one volley of green bullets.

I'll probably be back to Kuga in September. He's my favorite character -- but so is everyone else's! ;)
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Sorry I can't download of megaupload/rapidshary in my current connection way. Other host site would be cool!
I damaged myself purposefully in stage 2-1, because my score was well ahead of my stage goals and I wanted more bombs for the end of the game. The other times I was damaged were mistakes, however.
I would can say never do it, but if you need don't do it early, only let the run progression itself kill you.
I'll probably be back to Kuga in September. He's my favorite character -- but so is everyone else's! ;)
September? I am hoping 5bil now :D

Cool!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

After see your replay I only can say the same thing: You don't need kill yourself too early. There is one easy method in boss 3-1 with Kuga you would can use it.
Plus You have more potential in boss 1-2 milk than me and your strategy in last life in last boss is really cool

Ps I have any INPs for PC version like:

Nigii 1 6bil
Kuga 2 5,7 bil / 5,3 / 5,1
Kin 2 5 bil

All by japanese players. If is worth new strats for you I can Upload.

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

third_strike wrote:After see your replay I only can say the same thing: You don't need kill yourself too early.
If I was playing to get a high score close to my potential, then I'd agree with you. But I wanted to have an extra bomb at the end of the game even at the cost of up to 40 million points. My goal was to reach only 4.3 billion points, and I want to do anything to make it easier to achieve this goal. Having more bombs than planned is one way to do so. Also, in a full run, I have a goal for each stage. Now, if my score at the end of a stage is over 40 million points than planned, then I can afford to lose that many points in the rest of the run. To take advantage of this, I can damage myself purposefully to get the extra bomb. (This tactic is only good if I have three or fewer bombs, though.)

Notice that I used the bomb on stage 4-1 boss's final form and stage 4-2 boss's first form. These two parts of the game are tough for me, but I ran out of bombs to allocate for them. But by damaging myself early in the game, I was able to use a bomb in one of those two parts. (I was able to use another bomb from a mistake I made after stage 2-1.) If I didn't have a bomb, I would more likely get damaged and lose points anyway.

I also did the same thing with my best Fumiko run earlier: I damaged myself in stage 2-2 just before the extend at 1.1 billion points. I don't remember where that bomb came in handy, but it certainly helped me clear the game with a good result!

Anyway, I'm happy with the result for Kuga. In retrospect, for the Kuga run, I don't think killing myself too early mattered too much. But I'll continue to use this tactic anyway, because it gives me good piece of mind. Now if I had higher goals for my score, I would have fewer opportunities to use this tactic!
third_strike wrote:There is one easy method in boss 3-1 with Kuga you would can use it.
I'd like to learn it! I want to learn the Appreciate DVD's method sometime, but an easier method could be good to learn as an intermediary.
third_strike wrote:your strategy in last life in last boss is really cool
Hehe, thanks. It took me a while to get comfortable using it with the characters that should use it.
third_strike wrote:Ps I have any INPs for PC version like:

Nigii 1 6bil
Kuga 2 5,7 bil / 5,3 / 5,1
Kin 2 5 bil

All by japanese players. If is worth new strats for you I can Upload.
I'd like to have all of them! The Appreciate DVD demonstrates some tactics that are difficult to perform, so it'd be great to learn those that I should learn sooner or alternative ones that are easier to do.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

http://rapidshare.com/files/212330105/Shik2pack.html

This pack have:

For Kuga2 (my strategy is based in these kuga runs, I never see the dvd ):

ALW7: 5,740,857,410 (Good run, but with too many stupids mistakes that would be possible beat this playing in one lowest level than this player)
ALW7: 5,159,189,910 (end in 5-1 boss, great potential best than preview 5,7 run)
MOE: 5,381,694,200 (nice last life bar of 2-2 boss strategy)
ENX: 4,671,016,580 (nice for easy boss 3-1 strategy, end begin of 5-1 stage)
ENX: 2,241,961,440

For Kin2:

NTFS 5,310,249,600

For Niigi1:

AKI:6,048,688,510 (awesome this need be in super-play)

Finally the boss 3-1 simulator:
http://www.animetheme.com/temp/s2_block/block.html#

Compatible only with internet explorer. This is really one great weapon you can practice e see several strategy for this boss. It is easy for use, any doubt I can solve.

Now you have that I have plus the DVD, then good luck!

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

Thanks for the replays, third_strike!
third_strike wrote:Finally the boss 3-1 simulator:
http://www.animetheme.com/temp/s2_block/block.html#
Oh, I know about this already. I even put up some time ago the strategy that the Chibi Fumiko 2 player in the Appreciate DVD used. Were there any records that were useful to you?
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

My last 3-1 boss strategy is anything like Kuga from Japan (in site) plus Kin strategy (NTFS's run). No too easy no too hard. How is the strategy of kuga player in DVD? Is it in site?

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

third_strike wrote:How is the strategy of kuga player in DVD? Is it in site?
Look for "Kuga2 by ORS", which is near the top of the record list. I put this one up just now. :)

Oh yeah, when did you start learning how to make lots of lines for the stage 3-1 boss? Even now with my ~4.5-billion-point score for Kuga, I don't give it much thought.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Thanks for record, I think MOE uses it in your 5,3 bil rum.
Oh yeah, when did you start learning how to make lots of lines for the stage 3-1 boss? Even now with my ~4.5-billion-point score for Kuga, I don't give it much thought.
third_strike
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:31 pm Post subject:
If I was playing to get a high score close to my potential, then I'd agree with you. But I wanted to have an extra bomb at the end of the game even at the cost of up to 40 million points. My goal was to reach only 4.3 billion points, and I want to do anything to make it easier to achieve this goal. Having more bombs than planned is one way to do so. Also, in a full run, I have a goal for each stage. Now, if my score at the end of a stage is over 40 million points than planned, then I can afford to lose that many points in the rest of the run. To take advantage of this, I can damage myself purposefully to get the extra bomb. (This tactic is only good if I have three or fewer bombs, though.)

Notice that I used the bomb on stage 4-1 boss's final form and stage 4-2 boss's first form. These two parts of the game are tough for me, but I ran out of bombs to allocate for them. But by damaging myself early in the game, I was able to use a bomb in one of those two parts. (I was able to use another bomb from a mistake I made after stage 2-1.) If I didn't have a bomb, I would more likely get damaged and lose points anyway.

I also did the same thing with my best Fumiko run earlier: I damaged myself in stage 2-2 just before the extend at 1.1 billion points. I don't remember where that bomb came in handy, but it certainly helped me clear the game with a good result!

Anyway, I'm happy with the result for Kuga. In retrospect, for the Kuga run, I don't think killing myself too early mattered too much. But I'll continue to use this tactic anyway, because it gives me good piece of mind. Now if I had higher goals for my score, I would have fewer opportunities to use this tactic!
I Only think this: You get bombs in score or in death, if you wanna bombs do it putting your character in x8 range or doing one risk tactic if you have luck You will get one bomb but if no you still will get one bomb.
Now think without your death in 2-1 and with one easy boss 3-1 strat you would get one live more plus one bigger score plus one bomb. :wink:

Cool!
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Kim de John (PC ver. replay):
BER - 4,428,936,640 - Kim2 - 21,075 - All

Yeay, I beat Rob...

I spent a little over ten hours in Practice Mode, and I wanted to see how well that practice translated into a full run. As expected, my run from stage 4-1 and onward was embarrassing, because I haven't practiced as much as I had on the earlier stages. But overall, I liked the result, and now I'll have a better idea of where I should make improvements. I'll still play with Kim.

All the times I took damage were mistakes, by the way.
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Kim de John (PS2 ver.):
BER - 4,655,810,020 - Kim2 - 24,662 - All

Typically, I go through practice mode in my lunch break at work. But today, I had enough of it -- I wanted to experience the tension of undergoing a full run before I could play the PC version over the weekend. And that score above was the result.

I took damage five times, though. That could be the reason my score is lower than Randorama's even though my x8 action looks much higher.

I'll jump to Hyuga now.
BER

Post by BER »

Normal Game, Gennojo Hyuga (PC ver. replay):
BER - 4,173,699,760 - Hyuga2 - 21,712 - All

In the PS2 version (which I play at work), the copious slowdown in stage 5-1 allowed me to do comfortably what the Appreciate DVD player does. Now I come home to the PC version, and suddenly everything's faster! My stage 5-1 score in this run is somewhere in the 400 millions when I can usually break 500 million. Luckily, my performance before then was solid.

Next is Chibi Fumiko time.
Last edited by BER on Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Just out of curiosity BER, do you know if the PS2 version's "No Wait" setting will eliminate all slowdown from the game? Or will it slow down at some points regardless? I'm trying to decide between the DC and PS2 versions, and No Wait option is swaying me towards PS2. Thanks for any info!