Swedish Conventions 2009 - shmups for all!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
sven666

Swedish Conventions 2009 - shmups for all!

Post by sven666 »

well it looks like i'll be showcasing shmups at more conventions than last weekends Uppcon this year so i thought id start a thread about it incase anyone is interested.

no dates as of yet but here are some pics from the uppcon convention :)

thanx to zuperfreedan for the pics.

more pics from the convent itself you can find here : http://www.konventsbilder.se/folder/view/308
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Robert garcia

Post by Robert garcia »

Hi Sven,

Drop Dates I might be able to come up to Sweden this Year if I know dates in time.

Maybe i take an Egret back home???

PS: Congrats to Your Post Score 4001!
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Robert garcia wrote:Hi Sven,

Drop Dates I might be able to come up to Sweden this Year if I know dates in time.

Maybe i take an Egret back home???

PS: Congrats to Your Post Score 4001!
ugh i really posted that much crap :shock: wow..

no dates yet as we are still in negotiations with most convention organisers, but i will post dates and adresses to every meet in good time i promise. (these conventions are scattered across all of sweden and are mostly focusing on video&computer games/japanese culture/huge LAN parties)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Robert garcia

Post by Robert garcia »

Are any of these Conventions located in south Sweden, Malmö for example would be great.

How is Your egret2 buisness going?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Robert garcia wrote:Are any of these Conventions located in south Sweden, Malmö for example would be great.

How is Your egret2 buisness going?
If you're still doing business with these machines Sven, there's some cash waiting for you the next time you come across an inlay card mate! :wink:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

sven666

Post by sven666 »

yeah bud i would have given you one if i had one, unfortunatley all the egrets have some bullshit homeprinted overlay in them, puppies, presents and other nice things on em.. wtf? :P
croikle

Post by croikle »

Neat pics, good to see you spreading the Word :). What's the game to the left of DFK? I don't recognize it, but I'm not familiar with many run-n-guns.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

sven666 wrote:yeah bud i would have given you one if i had one, unfortunatley all the egrets have some bullshit homeprinted overlay in them, puppies, presents and other nice things on em.. wtf? :P
Nah dude, no probs, you let me know already. I just meant if you decide to pick up and deal any E2's in the future I'd be happy to pay if you could help me out with one.

Looks like a fantastic meets btw! :o
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

sven666

Post by sven666 »

croikle wrote:Neat pics, good to see you spreading the Word :). What's the game to the left of DFK? I don't recognize it, but I'm not familiar with many run-n-guns.
its a PGM game called Demon Front, pretty good metal slug clone.
peegel

Post by peegel »

I just read about an event called Stockholm Japan Expo 2009 taking place in May and noticed that there's an Espgaluda tournament mentioned. Will you be organizing that? And if yes, what other STGs will you have out on display? The website is rather uninformative.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

peegel wrote:I just read about an event called Stockholm Japan Expo 2009 taking place in May and noticed that there's an Espgaluda tournament mentioned. Will you be organizing that? And if yes, what other STGs will you have out on display? The website is rather uninformative.
Hi, we are still negotiating with alot of event organisers (including thisone) so i cant say for sure which games will be available, it is usually requested all the latest CAVE titles and a few other genres like puzzle or fighting.

I can tell you that any tournaments or special events will be held by the organisers themselves, we will only supply the cabinets and games.
If you wish to organise a tournament in a peticular game im sure the organisers wouldnt object to that, but please contact them directly about it.
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

Hey, peegel? Where did you see any mentioning of an Epgaluda tournament on the site?

Sven: Have you talked to the old geezers at Vintagegames? They have this retrogathering thing each year as you may know.
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
peegel

Post by peegel »

I'm just interested in attending and playing games, not organizing anything. It's good to know that CAVE games get requested, though. Hopefully a more detailed list will be put up later.

Dragoforce, go here: http://www.japanexpo.se/index.php?id=36

From the main page it's under Convention -> Tournaments.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

peegel wrote:I'm just interested in attending and playing games, not organizing anything. It's good to know that CAVE games get requested, though. Hopefully a more detailed list will be put up later.
i hear that :)

will put up detailed lists of dates and events as i get them, my friend is the one doing all negotiations.

whats 1st prize in teh espgaluda tournament btw? 8)
zap

Post by zap »

Haha, seems most people like to play two players at shmups... Actually I wouldn't be too surprised if some random dude would just sit down next to me and start playing as player 2 while I'm trying to play for some score :roll: (It even happened once here in Japan.. he was a foreigner though)

But I hope I can go, Uppsala isn't too far away from me. I was at one of the first Uppcon 2003 or '04, and wow, it's really gotten big.