GD: Big Bang Mini Sweet Spots

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mjclark
Banned User

GD: Big Bang Mini Sweet Spots

Post by mjclark »

On the Aurora Boss stage (in Arcade mode), if you rest your snowball avatar in the extreme bottom left hand corner of the screen then you are immune to any damage and can just shoot away without having to dodge.
I havn't got very far with Big Bang Mini yet but it's sooo much fun :D
Wonder how many other sweet spots,easter eggs and other surprises there could be and if anyone else has found anything interesting so far...
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

Thread moved to Strategy.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

And for the Kamakura boss put the avatar in the top left hand corner until the cat with the massive tongue appears then move the avatar to the bottom left hand corner and again you will be immune from damage and again will be able to fire away without having to manouvre or dodge...
robthebanks

Post by robthebanks »

These are handy... Found any for the later stages of the game?
kengou

Post by kengou »

For the final boss rush (the BOSS mode after you beat the Abyss boss), I found a few safe spots. The very first boss, if you go to the bottom of the screen a little bit left of the center, and sit there, and just shoot the boss as quickly as possible, you shouldn't die or have to move at all. The next one, the airplane, move to the bottom right hand corner. It can't hit you with its lasers, but the spinning red things might hit you, just dodge slightly to the side or up when one comes close, otherwise stick to the corner.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

When I got to level 5 on the Savannah stage something called "The Randomiser" took me to Retro World with the message "There is no logic,there is nothing to gain".After I'd played a bit on a retro screen with hearts on it, the Randomiser returned me to the normal game with the message "We may never meet again".
What's all that about I wonder.Has anyone else encountered the Randomiser?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

mjclark wrote:When I got to level 5 on the Savannah stage something called "The Randomiser" took me to Retro World with the message "There is no logic,there is nothing to gain".After I'd played a bit on a retro screen with hearts on it, the Randomiser returned me to the normal game with the message "We may never meet again".
What's all that about I wonder.Has anyone else encountered the Randomiser?
Perhaps a bit of messing around with your noggin. Some games have been known to do just that. Short psychological phrases at it's best. ^_~

The game of Rez has some little psychological phrases spread throughout the later stages as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Yes-it's made me like this game even more...
..and others have met the randomiser too, as this thread from another forum indicates: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=47912712