Bullet Master: half-shmup for the office

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
dTb

Bullet Master: half-shmup for the office

Post by dTb »

Hello there !...

First, please excuse me for my poor english ^^...

I come here to introduce a little flash (lite) game I made: Bullet Master.
It's a shmup... where your memory will be most usefull than your reflexes to finish it and to score, because it's a crossover between a Mastermind and a shmup :D.

Game is here:
http://www.docteeboh.net/bulletmaster/

- The only keys you have to use in game is "1" and "2".
- There is still only 4 stages, but the main engine is finished.
- My wish is to use only public domain graphics... now there is only one exception: the hero's sprite :?... But I'm working on a new legit one, as you can see on the devlog. All other graphics are hand made, or public domain. With this draft version, I will go to ask to other artists (deviantart, pixeljoint, here...) if they are allowing me to use some of their art if I add their names and all the links they want in the "credits" part.
- There is a score system (in Challenge mode), I will improve it in a near future to allow people to upload scores and names on the game's website.
- Why Flash Lite ? Because Flash Lite is working on more mobile devices than flash (all japanese ones...). Currently the file is too big to run on this kind of device (usually 100ko ~ 500ko to run on a Japanese mobile phone), but if I want to make a lighter version I will "just" need to delete bitmap graphics and make vector ones.
- I think the most interesting in this little game is to discover new stages and new bosses. But for people who like the concept, the score system is here, and I will add in the future -some new stages and bosses of course, and- some "unlockables": when you will finish the game in different modes or different ways, you will get passwords... this passwords will unlock some new stages, new sprites for the hero, new game modes, little cinematics...

I hope some of yours will enjoy it (at office for example, or other places where you cannot plug your game controller ;))
mister. jones

Post by mister. jones »

Really interesting combination of genres. This would be nice on a mobile device. Pretty cool.
Only with teeth of cheese can one truly enjoy a cracker.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For dTb,

Do you have any plans to release your shmup game on the Sony PSP or the Nintendo DS platform as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~