RQ: Deathsmiles 1ups

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
sven666

RQ: Deathsmiles 1ups

Post by sven666 »

what triggers the 1 Ups in Deathsmiles?

I never get the life-refill from jitterbug either, is there somekind of criteria to be fulfilled there aswell?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

You get the Refill-Poweup if you don't use any bombs on jitterbug. So just don't bomb, it doesn't matter if you get hit 3 or 4 times.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I wrote a strategy guide for this game awhile back:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=281.0

It should answer all of your questions.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Plasmo wrote:You get the Refill-Poweup if you don't use any bombs on jitterbug. So just don't bomb, it doesn't matter if you get hit 3 or 4 times.
cool, thanx, the refill item appears from the end of his staff right? :)

so what triggers the stage 1ups does anyone know? wasent mentioned in EOJs guide..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

sven666 wrote:
so what triggers the stage 1ups does anyone know? wasent mentioned in EOJs guide..
It was mentioned, actually - in section 4.3 (the big chart).
sven666

Post by sven666 »

EOJ wrote:
sven666 wrote:
It was mentioned, actually - in section 4.3 (the big chart).
ah my bad.

so to get 2 extends from the stages i need to take A-1 as the 5th stage and at rank 3 and C2 as the 6th stage also rank 3 ?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Yeah, that should work (but you need to be in death mode for the Halloween Town 1ups, so you'd have to do full rank 3 from the start).
sven666

Post by sven666 »

allright thanx for the help :)
Koma

Post by Koma »

I always beat Jitterburg by using the lock shot,this method kills him faster,you don't even see his last pattern but obviously if you have 1000 at the counter it's not recommended to do it.

I miss this game.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Koma wrote:I always beat Jitterburg by using the lock shot,this method kills him faster,you don't even see his last pattern but obviously if you have 1000 at the counter it's not recommended to do it.

I miss this game.
he's not hard at all untill he starts zipping around the screen and bursting into shots, i imagine the lockshot helps quite a bit there tho.. gotta try it out next time..