RQ: PriZhm Scoring System

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Mischief Maker

RQ: PriZhm Scoring System

Post by Mischief Maker »

I've already figured out that collecting crystals and scraping bullets the same color as your character will build your element meter, which in turn will supercharge your damage rate and give a multiplier for destroyed enemies, but if you let the element meter get overcharged you will die.

What I still don't know are the mechanics of the Combo Meter, what specifically powers up your shot, and whether bombing has any effect on your score (Because bombing in slow mode charges up your element meter and is great for finishing off bosses).

Anyone know?
LtC

Post by LtC »

I'd love to know the exact mechanics for the score multiplier as well. As far as I know the amount of element meter seems to increase the multiplier but it is only a part of it. My theory is that the multiplier is calculated something like this: combo meter x element bar level x enemy specific multiplier. To me it seems bosses have lower multiplier, specially first 2 and midbosses have higher multipliers. I could be wrong though.

Combo meter is fed by certain color of items, power item is fed by certain color of items and element meter is fed by your own color of item as far as I know. Bombing seems to only help you scoring, I don't think there are any penalties
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Alright, I finally got my disk in the mail and uploaded the manual onto the internet so that I could read it using the miracle of babelfish. Anyone who can actually read japanese who wants to take a crack at it, here:

http://www.geocities.com/gummibearordoom

So this is what I've figured out:

Some enemies drop crystals when they die.

Picking up any crystal increases your power meter, which upgrades your weapons each time it's filled.

Picking up any crystal increases your combo meter, which is maintained by shooting enemies, slowly decreases in quiet spots, and loses a chunk when an enemy survives its trek across the screen, the bigger the enemy, the bigger the chunk lost. The combo meter resets to zero at the start of a level, and you get a bonus score for how high your combo meter was when the boss died.

When you scrape enemy bullets of the same element as your character's shots, or when you pick up crystals the same color, the element meter increases. While the element meter has charge, your weapon power increases, and enemies killed have a score multiplier based on the combo meter's level. If the element meter is completely filled, you die. The element meter rapidly depletes on its own.

Bombs have no effect on score. An unfocused bomb just wipes out the bullets on the screen. A focused bomb wipes out the bullets on the screen, increases the element meter until the fire button is released (potentially fatal) and removes a chunk from the power meter.

Since enemeis seem to drop the same color crystals when they die, the optimal scoring route through the levels is different depending on which character you pick.

Did I miss anything?