Dualshock 2 hack

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
antron

Dualshock 2 hack

Post by antron »

I am hacking a pair of dualshock 2 PS2 controllers and I have run into a problem.

The Start and Select buttons are on a different ground. But, I only plan on playing DDP DOJ and ESP Galuda. Can anyone tell me if the start or select buttons are actually needed for these games? (besides to pause)

Thanks

edit:
I also read that the DualShock 1 is completely common ground. Is that controller compatible with these games?
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Does it need to be a DualShock(2)?

Because I just use a completely digital 1st party PS1 controller for all my hacks and those use common ground. Also compatible with DOJ and Galuda, so I see no reason why the original DualShock will not work.

I have not worked with the DualShock2 but I suspect the face buttons etc. are different due to the necessity of analogue sensitivity.
antron

Post by antron »

thanks, then I'll use some gray Dualshock(1)s of ebay.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

For better prices, you may be better off browsing your local flea markets or used game shops. Prices ought to be better than what you'll pay on eBay, even without the shipping.

One shop in my area has a table of free stuff (with purchase), I usually go there and offer the owner $5 or $10 for a bag of Sony digital controllers...