A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
neo

Post by neo »

neo - 1.476.418.790 - A-exy - 1-5 - 11
No-miss up to 1-5.
neo

Post by neo »

neo - 1.512.273.970 - A-exy - 2-1 - 134
I guess this one deserves a double post, 1cc :D . Still not 1st place unfortunately.
So there are no hypers in the second loop, and the laser bomb regenerates the health of every boss (well, at least for 2-1). I don't know if it is humanly possible to 1cc the second loop, honestly...
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

you just managed something non-humanly so dont let that bother you
neo

Post by neo »

neo - 1.545.956.880 - A-E - 1-5 - 119
:D
No miss no bomb up to 1-5, barely beat maco's score. I was very close to 2-1, but I don't think i'll ever be able to do better than this. Proof.
maco

Post by maco »

Congrats on beating my score and getting the number 1 slot.:wink:
Blue Peace

Post by Blue Peace »

Blue Peace - 520,254,690 - A-E - 1-4 - 0 (How to make the max hit higher?)
I'm Working on the score...I will get better 8)

Edit:New Score,same boss same ship same max hit
Last edited by Blue Peace on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a couple more shots!
neo

Post by neo »

Blue Peace wrote:Blue Peace - 475,906,860 - A-E - 1-4 - 0 (How to make the max hit higher?)
I'm Working on the score...I will get better 8)
As far as I know, the only place in Death Label where you can make the max hit higher is against the first form of the 1-5 boss (and probably 2-5 too, but I'm not sure as I have never seen this stage). The max hit doesn't really matter scoring-wise anyway, you should concentrate on losing as few ships as possible. Keep practicing, it's a really great game :wink: .
maco wrote:Congrats on beating my score and getting the number 1 slot.:wink:
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Ruldra - 1,121,522,260 - A-E - 5 - 27

This is pretty much the limit of my skills, plus some luck added in it. Don't think I'll ever break this one.

EDIT: Proofpic

Last edited by Ruldra on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Updated.

I hate the 'watch' feature, you miss the email and it never emails you again until you view the topic, so if people post bunches you don't know.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Kaiser - 467,363,860 - A-S - 2-1 - 38
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

467,363,870 - Stage 2-2 - Type A-S - 39 Hit

(Kaiser: i sure owned you)
PinkSweets

Post by PinkSweets »

I got a High Score of 798,000,000 today! I had No Miss up until I screwed the 4th boss up. I'm still practicing :)
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

moozooh — 379,548,600 — 1-3 — A-L — ?.

Max hit shows up as 0 for some reason. What's the trick with it?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

max hits will only be counted at the stage 5 boss (midboss)

by the way:
to add a score for a game that i dont playe anymore anyways

1'265'890'340 - Stage 1-5 - Type A-Exy - 149 Hit

gave up the attempt to miss it up to the boss
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

moozooh — 590,396,590 — 1-4 — A-E — 0.

Ok, playing with A-L turned out to be pretty stupid after all, since she has both her scoring and survival potential worse than A-E. Almost got to 1-5 in this run, and I've only been playing for like an hour or so.

Now I need to determine if I'll manage to do better with A-S, although I don't like this type much.

[EDIT]

Ignore the above.

moozooh — 731,184,700 — 1-4— A-E — 0.

Died 4 times on stage 4 boss, argh. A-S definitely doesn't pay off on the first loop, so A-E it is.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Kagami HiME

Post by Kagami HiME »

Kagami HiME - 631,062,350 - 1-4 - A-E - 0
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Sas \\ 704859780 \\ Stage 1-5 \\ A-E \\ Max hit 27

Woo...
Dale

Post by Dale »

I just got to 2-1 making that my 3rd Cave 1cc. I got a decent score on a different run I'm going to post tomorrow.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-627,294,490-Shot Type B-1-5
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

moozooh — 793,820,630 — 1-4 — A-E — 0.

Near-perfect until 1-4, which I spent all my lives on (d'oh!), the last two pretty hilariously at that (went after a hyper which would have saved me, and died a frame or two before activating it). Yay 11th place!

My overall best performance with Exy so far seems to be:
1-1 — 1 hyper, no-miss/no-bomb (about 70% success rate);
1-2 — 1 hyper, 2 bombs, 1 miss (~50%; no-missed only once);
1-3 — 1 hyper, 2 bombs, 1 miss (~30%);
1-4 — 1 hyper, 2 bombs, 1 miss, 2 bombs, 1 miss, 1 hyper (~20%).

This amounts to 270+270+270+200=1010, with some ~25 extra million for medals and hit count. So I guess 1 billion would be my goal for now, and it has a probability of about 2%. Awesome!

Btw, I noticed that my bombs didn't work well (if at all) on 1-4 boss. What's wrong? Do they heal it if I damage the drones?
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Everyone's bombs heal the stage 4 boss except for Shotia. Keep going for that 1bil+ score moozooh! DOJ DL is definately my favorite Cave port extra so far. So fun, so punishing. :D
Peace Through Violence
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Oh, that's a bummer. Seems like I'll be better off trying some new stuff with stages 2 and 3, that will theoretically let me no-miss them with a probability noticeably larger than zero. Getting 800+ bil by the end of 1-3 is well possible that way, and I'll only have to have two lives and a bomb remaining after stage 4 to get that billion.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

plz stop talking so much moozooh.

The key to a 1000bio+ score are the hypers. Launch them as early (!) as possible to make massive damage and thus kill the boss in the fastest (!!) time.
Good luck with finding out the best strategy!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

That's basically what I'm going to try. Particularly:
1-2 — I usually interrupt the hyper with a laser bomb within a couple seconds after the invincibility wears off. This way the bomb ends right in time to kill the boss's first form, but the second bomb is just barely (basically a second's worth of lasering) not enough to survive the undoubtedly worse second form. In my future runs, I'll try to dodge all the first form attacks while the hyper is still running, so by the time I need to use the bomb on the second form, it will be enough to finish it off. That makes it a 40 million gain.
1-3 — I usually launch the hyper at the start of the spinning blue spray attack (about 5 seconds into the fight), but interrupt it with a bomb shortly after the next attack comes in. In my future runs, I'll launch the hyper immediately, which will either enable me to hyper gauge bullet-cancel during that dreaded 3rd attack, or finish it with one bomb instead of two, leaving the final bomb for the last attack. A theoretical gain of 60 to 70 million.
1-4 is thus entered with ~925 million, so I'll need just one life left in stock to secure a billion. Alright, will give it a shot this week!
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Thats the way PLASMO and I went.

1-1 -> Launching off Hyper immediately at top of boss (using aura), boss dies within 5 seconds (no miss / no bomb)

1-2 -> Launching off Hyper as soon as the first pattern catches you, using sweet spot at the middle of the boss at second half ( no miss / 2 bombs)

1-3 -> Launching off Hyper immediately, +pointblanking to deal major damage and kill him without dodging his fatal patterns. (no miss / 2 bomb)

1-4 -> Launch off Hyper after you get stuck in his first pattern (the earlier, the better), finnish him off even before Hyper gauge empties
(no miss/ 0-2 [shot-]bombs)

1-5 -> Certain Death at the 3rd form

---------------------

I might also point at this thread at EOJ's board, where you might find some useful information

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=242.0

Resist to smash up your controller!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Oooh, completely forgot about that thread! The 1-3 video Icarus has posted there is going to be really helpful; that's exactly the way I have planned for this stage. Thanks a lot!
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

You could also use this video for reference and give the A-L ship a try. What the player does on the first loop isn't too hard to do it yourself, and he reaches 1bil before stage 1-5.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
neo

Post by neo »

The way I went with my best score:
1-1: same as elfhentaifan.

1-2: I use the hyper right as the first pattern start, then get to the bottom of the screen as fast as possible to dodge the folowing random patterns, no real strategy there, you need to be lucky, but that's really the only hard part. Once the last form is triggered, I dodge the first pattern by moving from the left to the right, then the boss should be destroyed before the last pattern get really dangerous (thanks to the hyper).
If you're aiming for 1 billion, just bomb, surviving this one without bombing is a matter of luck really :wink:.

1-3: this: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRieHyoOQ0&fmt=18 I usually bomb once on the last pattern, after the bullet cancel from the hyper (39s in the video), but the extra bonus from the bomb is worth the risk.

1-4: with a no miss no bomb, the first pattern will almost always be the same: just stay at the bottom of the screen, dodge the first few waves of bullets, then trigger the hyper and go at point blank during the invincibility time. Then, I go to the bottom-left corner of the screen, and the best way I've found to dodge the second pattern is to move as fast as possible to the other side of the screen: if you're fast enough, you shouldn't have to worry about the pink aimed pattern, the blue bullets shoule be your only worry. Once you got past this, beating the boss is a piece of cake really :), just don't bomb while your hyper is still active, the damage you do with it is so huge that even a few frames of survival can make a big difference, and the boss is immune to your bombs anyway.

1-5: There is a very easy way to beat the first pattern in Death Label: get on the far right of the boss, dodge the first wave by moving to the left as soon as you see bullets coming out of the boss, then right as the boss shoot the aimed blue needles from the second wave, activate your hyper.

Then, if you no missed, the rank will be so high that the blue bullets will move too fast, they will get out of the screen before the boss actually shoot the aimed needles, so you just need to move from one safe spot to another. I don't know if I expressed myself clearly but whatever.

Then, I have no other strategy for the second pattern than being lucky and using all your bombs (without laser of course). If you didn't use your hyper on the first pattern, then using it here will guarantee your survival, but you will deal much less damage to the boss overall (because you will have to cancel the hyper with a bomb), so I don't recommend it. You will die later regardless :?.

If you somehow managed to survive this one, the third pattern is actually quite easy, even though the bullets are much faster than regular DOJ there is much more space between them so getting through the stream of blue aimed bullets isn't that hard, I find it easier than in DOJ.

On the first pattern of the second form, if you played well during the first form, an hyper should be falling on the left side of the screen at the very beggining. Use a bomb on the first pattern to catch it, then use it. No particular strategy, this form should die soon enough anyway.

Now for Hibachi, point blank him during the whole invincibility time after you respawn (because you WILL die :evil: ), use your bombs wisely, and don't be afraid to move your ship randomly during the last pattern, it's actually a pretty effective strategy lol.

2-1: lol.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Thanks for the help, guys!
Ruldra wrote:You could also use this video for reference and give the A-L ship a try. What the player does on the first loop isn't too hard to do it yourself, and he reaches 1bil before stage 1-5.
Unfortunately, this isn't of much help just because I can make 1 bil with A-E using similar strategies (altered to accomodate for the lesser amount of bombs, of course) at the level of execution shown in the video.

But that's all talk, now's the time for a significant improvement!

moozooh — 870,467,750 — 1-5 — A-E — 32.

My first credit of the day, after not playing it for nearly a week, ended like this. o_0 I no-missed 1-2, died twice on 1-3 and four times on 1-4. Dying one less time on each would have given me the billion, but alas. :\

[EDIT]

Scratch that, went another two places up. I'm almost there!

moozooh — 958,578,170 — 1-5 — A-E — 77.

Not breaking a hyper on stage 4 boss indeed renders him totally helpless! I missed only once there, instead of my usual 3 times. Next stop: one billion. :D
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Jockel - 598,354,690 - A-E - 1-4 - 0