Wicked Steel: PC

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Bean

Wicked Steel: PC

Post by Bean »

I've been lurking here for a bit. Glad to see there's others who still enjoy shmups as much as I do.

This is my first 3D game (although 2D gameplay). I did this as a learning project. It was originally a cell phone game which I made last year. I wanted to focus on learning 3D graphics so instead of making a completely new game I ported this from Java2ME to C++ & DirectX. The original game was targetting casual players so most of you guys will probably find this pretty easy. At least untill you unlock some of the other modes.

Fans of Gradius or R-Type will be right at home. There's some basic powerups, 17 stages, plenty of bosses and of course gamepad/joystick support. Due to my lack of time and talent there's no music.

This does use 3D graphics and requires non-prehistoric video hardware. If your PC is less then a couple years old and running XP, it should be fine.

Both the cell phone and PC versions (Free Download, 7MB) can be found at my site along with a few screenshots. btw, the PC version does Not normally run that small.

http://nuclearplayground.com

-Bean
raiden

Post by raiden »

trying to set the resolution to fullscreen, 1024x768x16, caused a lot of invisible error messages, screen and desktop getting messed up, and the game crashing. Also, there´s no uninstall option.