RQ: Ketsui Death Label pattern trouble

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Arvandor

RQ: Ketsui Death Label pattern trouble

Post by Arvandor »

On the ground car boss type thing... (hopefully people will know what I'm talking about)

When he goes to the bottom of the screen, and starts spewing out large pink bullets to either side that bounce downwards, while small blue bullets rain down from above... How on earth are you supposed to avoid this pattern? Most of the patterns I eat shit on I can tell where I need to go, and just fail.... But this one remains a mystery to me.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

I decided to download a replay to see if by some chance there would be an idea of how to get through it... and there was =D

The trick is to detarget the main boss so that all your firepower is focused on the bit producing the blue storm. Once it's dead, the pattern ends (before you get enveloped by nigh-undodgable BS).
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

bomb
PPA

Post by PPA »

I usually manage to stand near the blue-rain dropping thing (say in the middle of the screen) moving left rightt left right until its gone
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

PPA wrote:I usually manage to stand near the blue-rain dropping thing (say in the middle of the screen) moving left rightt left right until its gone
If this is the one I'm thinking of then the above comment is spot on. You just need to stay tight on the blue in the middle and the pink bullets won't touch you. You can see this on the DVD that came with the game - that's where I spotted it.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die