RQ: 1943 (scoring, rate of Energy Dropping, etc.)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
CSBrokaw

RQ: 1943 (scoring, rate of Energy Dropping, etc.)

Post by CSBrokaw »

1. I've noticed that your Energy drops over time, but anybody know how the rate it drains at? I want to know when to stop piling on weapons and start collecting Energy.

2. Also, is it true that if you shoot the Pow thing enough times it turns into an Energy Tank (more units)? And if so, how many times?

3. What's the best way to get higher scores? Sometimes I get 100,000 points after the bonus on the first stage, and a few sessions ago I wound up with 125,000 BEFORE the bonus. I want to know how I could have done that?

4. On stages like 3, where you have to kill the huge plane, where should I target it so I can kill it faster?
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

1. It's a pretty constant rate but I'm not sure how fast. Personally, I always get a weapon powerup unless the timer is over 55 or so. Having more powerup time is more important than a small amount of energy. Plus, many levels have health refills in them.

2. Yes, but I think you have to cycle through all the weapons twice. This is difficult unless you have the auto powerup (or an autofire button enabled).

3. Get 100% on all the bosses. This isn't too hard with the sea levels (just use a tsunami megacrash if you get overwhelmed and wail on the boss with auto or shell weapons during the lag time) or Daihiryu levels, but is nearly impossible on Ayako unless you have the laser. Many levels also have hidden bonus icons that are revealed if you shoot at a certain spot.

4. I don't think it matters.