RQ: R-Type Stage 7

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

RQ: R-Type Stage 7

Post by Shou »

Just acquired the PCB for the original R-Type and learning the later stages but stuck on the middle of stage 7. Is there a way of clearing this stage after dying from the middle recovery point (the streams of enemies from the top and the 2 bullet shooting ones from behind make it quite difficult without powerups)? Did a search for vids but haven't seen one for this.
become history
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Its extremely difficult but possible. I've never done it. There's no easy way without powerups.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Dremark

Re: R-Type Stage 7

Post by Dremark »

Shou wrote:Just acquired the PCB for the original R-Type and learning the later stages but stuck on the middle of stage 7. Is there a way of clearing this stage after dying from the middle recovery point (the streams of enemies from the top and the 2 bullet shooting ones from behind make it quite difficult without powerups)? Did a search for vids but haven't seen one for this.
It's next to impossible, but it can be done. It would probably be less frustrating to just start over from the beginning.

I did figure out a decent way to get through that room though. You can go up the stream of enemies coming from the top. The next room, I couldn't get through though as it literally ends up filled with bullets and missiles.

This thread also reminded me how long I was stuck on Stage 7. It took me about 2 months to beat it, with credit feeding and stage select to restart from the beginning of the stage.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

http://www.super-play.co.uk/index.php?superplay=522

I don't have my other computer together to make a video myself, but that one shows how. 1-7 it's pretty easy to do when you know how, 2-7 is very very difficult to do but it's still possible (but unnecessary). You need to suicide on 1-7 over and over until your last life for world record type scores.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Yes, it's quite possible to clear it after dying at the checkpoint.

There's a lot to it and it's hard to explain it all. What is consistently killing you?

The speed up is worth the trouble, but don't go through the tunnel to get it. Wait for the POW to move out of the tunnel to kill it, then grab the speed up and stay back, killing as many of those streaming enemies as you can. Make sure you get those two homing enemies that like to get stuck on the wall just after them.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

I've done it a while back with a lot of practice when I 1CCed the PSX version. If you think it's hard then wait until you die on the next level.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Moved to Strategy.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

This is actually the hardest part of the game - it can be done, -i've managed it once or twice, but really its so difficult that you'll do it more by luck than skill.
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab