RQ: Batsugun Level 2 Boss

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Tigershark

RQ: Batsugun Level 2 Boss

Post by Tigershark »

Always kills me at least once. How do I dodge those red bullets when it morphs into the second boss version? i can't see a natural gap.

Cheers.
trivial

Post by trivial »

Practice with the special ver. on a large tate display (screen mode set to arcade on the Saturn port).

The gaps are very findable on my 32" Mitsu TV. But gaps in the pattern exist among samey directed fire, so you may have to fudge your way through without video guidance.

Try leading the directed bullets away from you as if milking the six jets in the boss' first form. It isn't your primary goal to dodge directed fire rather than shooting down the other ships that fire it, but dodging around may help you get a feel for the gaps.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

You have two options.

A: Direct the fire from the popcorn enemies, which makes the boss live much longer, since it's almost impossible to maintain constant damage while also dodging its BS.

B: Bomb once or twice. Since there's little/no penalty for doing so in Batsugun, I generally take this option just to spite that stupid cheating whore of a second stage boss.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i just bomb through it.... :wink:

i can beat it without bombing but i get pissed when i die so more often than not when i get to the 2nd boss its 2 bombs for the 1st form and 2 for the second....

adios amigo.... :lol:

saves me getting pissed off at the game anyways
trivial

Post by trivial »

I'm tellin ya, this is doable. Save your bombs for Jupiter (level 4 boss).

Point-blanking with Beltiana's autofire (C button) helps too.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Cheers.

Dying has a massive effect on the end level bonus so I need to get through this. Glad to see there appears no obvious route!
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

Is it worth milking those little jet planes it releases?
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

If you just follow directly beneath the plane there should be really obvious openings in the twin streams of bullets. After a while it moves down the screen with a couple of spiral patterns, and all you have to do is move to the side for a sec to fit through a big opening.
ave

Post by ave »

henry dark wrote:Is it worth milking those little jet planes it releases?
No, there are better ways to get points in this game. Unless you want a counterstop and don't know how to get the last 100k points, I wouldn't bother with them.
THE ETERNAL