Dreamcast sticks question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gennss

Dreamcast sticks question

Post by gennss »

My thumb has been pretty bad lately, between fighters and shmups i'm going to just buy a regular stick to hold me over.

Now how do you guys feel about the x-arcade stick? or the dreamcast stick (green buttons)?
poodude

Post by poodude »

Since nobody seems to want to reply...

I'm not really a fan of the x-arcade stick. I just think it looks ugly. The dreamcast stick is really nice, and I use it for all my dreamcast shooters. You can get a converter and use it for the pc.

Most people here tend to like the HRAP sticks (Hori's Real Arcade Pro) for its true arcade feel. Even better, swap out the stock buttons for seimitsu or sanwas.

gennss

Post by gennss »

thank you.
clp

Post by clp »

the dreamcast stick is great for fighters , but for shmups its not so great on both of mine the joystick is to harsh to get any precise placement always makes your ship jump to far , now i got a ps2 sanwa custom stick with a cheap converter to use it on dreamcast = happy days .
mojo

Post by mojo »

I prefer Seimitsu LS-32 over the Sanwa sticks. The DC stick isn't bad for modding to Seimitsu (Sanwa is very easy). I have heard that the HRAP is even easier.