Parfait Station: the shmup MMORPG

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dai jou bu

Parfait Station: the shmup MMORPG

Post by dai jou bu »

I do not lie.

Here's avideo, courtesy of Insert Credit. :wink:

I hope it turns out like it should in the video and doesn't kill my graphics card in the process of trying to run the game with minimum details.
Last edited by dai jou bu on Fri May 20, 2005 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
kong

Post by kong »

It looks more like a mmo neocontra or red star than a mmo shmup. Just my opinion of course.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

It's not a shmup obviously, but it does look like it has pretty good potential to be a fun shooter. Then again, Senko no Ronde doesn't look too great to me, so maybe I'm just intrigued by the MMO part of it.
5parrowhawk

Post by 5parrowhawk »

Looks like it's closer to the Desert Strike/Robotron idea of a "free-roaming" shooter than a strict shmup. Also looks like fun.

Well, we'll see, I guess.
dai jou bu

Post by dai jou bu »

It's kind of hard to have forced scrolling backgrounds, especially in the context of an RPG. So moving around in a Smash TV/Robotron-esque environment is the closest thing to mixing both genres together I suppose.

Shmup or not, I'm definitely curious about how this will turn out, especially the PvP aspects of it.

Edit: just realized they called it MMOG, not MMORPG, but judging from the videos, it looks like they still have some MMORPG concepts there anyway.

More Editing: Looks like they call it an MMOG on their site, but the promo video mentions RPG elements. I'm going with the latter because the promo's more recent.
D

Post by D »

Reminded me of Cannon Spike