RQ: Batrider boss (Sobut)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
DMC

RQ: Batrider boss (Sobut)

Post by DMC »

I want to know if there's anything you can do get a good score from this boss.

The same question also goes for the two ninjas; hayate and tsumuji.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Sobut: The only things you can destroy are the two tiny turrets at the front which are worth 20k each.
Tsumuji: Milk the spawning ninja attack.
Hayate: Same as Tsumuji.

Btw congrats on your new highscore, excellent work!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DMC

Post by DMC »

20k each only? That's cheap. Should have been 50k each at least. Are you sure aura/bomb gives the same value?
I guess you could also avoid shooting except for the spawning rockets. But those only give you 15k for each attack, so I doubt it's worth the risk.

Tsumuji: Thanks, noted now that this attack is really good for scoring.

Hayate: I'll check it out.

Thanks!
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

it actually looks like the small turrets are worth 30k each.
or that's maybe just in special mode?

it also looks like the two large mini guns on his shoulders are worth 30k each.
but you'll probably going to need to use a character with a very powerful shot to be able to destroy them before he puts them away.

oh and it also looks like Bashinets "legs" are worth 50k each when destroyed with aura.
but you probably already knew that.

DMC

Post by DMC »

oh, will check out the turrets thing on sobut. Thus, avoid shooting at this attack seems to be a pretty bad strategy.

Yes, the legs on Bashinet will give 50k each. That might even be the case if you use main weapon instead of aura/bomb, im not really sure.
Btw, his "bullet-hell attack" has something to do with the tail. I suppose you also need to destroy one of the arms but not both as that will make him retreat.

Thanks, lowemark.
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

DMC wrote:Yes, the legs on Bashinet will give 50k each. That might even be the case if you use main weapon instead of aura/bomb, im not really sure.
I just checked in the Character test mode, and the legs on Bashinet is only worth 5k if destroyed with main weapon.
DMC

Post by DMC »

oops, good to know! :D

do you know what aura on the turrets give you (an attack from the late form of bashinet, where he sends three spinning turrets and a couple of spreads of bullets.)? and with main weapon?
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

these ones right?
not worth very much I'm afraid.
6000 with main shot and only 600 with aura/bomb.

I also found something else that is worth some points on Sobut.
I guess that is the turret in the middle/bottom that spits out the "yellow spread pattern" ?

DMC

Post by DMC »

lowemark wrote:these ones right?
not worth very much I'm afraid.
6000 with main shot and only 600 with aura/bomb.

That's really strange. Because im looking at my 9.3m replay and at approx 06:27 I can clearly see that aura gives 6000 for one single turret.

great news on the sobut turret in the middle. Next question is how to destroy it. It seems like he could give you some extra points after all. :)
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

I just tested, and it's definitely 600 with the shot and 6000 with aura.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Breakdown

Post by Breakdown »

lowemark wrote:
I also found something else that is worth some points on Sobut.
I guess that is the turret in the middle/bottom that spits out the "yellow spread pattern" ?

I'm pretty sure those are the turrets that shoot the straight "flame" bullets (like the ones on the main turret of Conflict) during one of his wider spread patterns.
DMC

Post by DMC »

So, if both me and enhasa are pretty sure that aura gives 6000 and shot 600. Does that mean:
a. character test mode shows wrong numbers.
b. points given differs from ship to ship (i have a vague feeling that shot with strawman does indeed give 6000 per turret).

if it's a, its weird. If it's b, this game is even more complex than I believed.

Breakdown: not really sure which attack you mean. Screenshot?
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

DMC wrote:So, if both me and enhasa are pretty sure that aura gives 6000 and shot 600. Does that mean:
a. character test mode shows wrong numbers.
b. points given differs from ship to ship (i have a vague feeling that shot with strawman does indeed give 6000 per turret).

if it's a, its weird. If it's b, this game is even more complex than I believed.
If it's a, clever trick on Raizing's part. (But I'm probably hoping that this isn't the case). If it's b, damn, Yagawa is one clever bastard.
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

I just figured it was a typo, that they hardcoded the strings instead of looking up the actual values. But then I tested some more just now and it's weird. I tried Carpet, Strawman, and Maria. Normal course vs special course seems to make no difference. For shot, main shot vs option shot also seems to make no difference.

Carpet:
shot - 600
aura - 6000
bomb - 600

Strawman/Maria:
shot - 6000
aura - 6000
bomb - 600

Not only can aura and bomb give different point values, different characters can also give different point values. Amusingly, this matches both the 6000/600 given before and the 600/6000 I said earlier (I used Carpet to test).

Here is the Sobut turret in question. lowemark has the correct description. Typically it's blocked by Sobut's arms but it's revealed for this attack. I don't know of any good way to kill it though. It's not vulnerable for very long, and it has a lot of health. :?

(I expanded the picture to 200% because it's really hard to see at 100%.)

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

By the way, Carpet's Options are classed as Piercing attacks, and like Garegga, piercing attacks always take the lowest of the possible point values. Ditto the likes of Wild Snail and Grasshopper (both Shots have Piercing bullets), Gain (Piercing Option) and others.
As for the pointgain with Aura, I think it is similar to Bakraid, where Aura takes the higher of the two point values.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Thanks a lot, I use Carpet in Batrider and Golden Bat in Garegga so piercing is all I know. ;) When I finally switch over to a diverse team in Batrider and Gain in Garegga, I'll be really glad you told me that.

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

You usually have to do a lot of extra work to score well with Piercing-based ships. In Garegga the pacing isn't so bad, therefore you don't lose that much in points. In Batrider the scoring opportunities are tightly packed and the game is fast, and you could potentially lose a lot of points.

It is because of this Piercing attack problem why no one in their right mind uses Tag-T as a selection in a scoring team.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Wow, great work! This game is even more comples than I believed.

Thanks for clearing it up, Icarus and Enhasa.
Breakdown

Post by Breakdown »

The pattern I was refering to is actually the one pictured in the first post. The two center turrets are destructable (one's already destroyed in that shot).

OH, and would like to add my congratulations on your new Normal Course score DMC. An A score on normal is simply nuts! Haven't watched the replay yet, but I'm sure it's chocked full of awesome.
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

you'll also get 500 points for each destroyed bullet (with main shot, only 50 points if destroyed with aura/bomb) fired by those turrets that Bashinet releases, and those bullets are really easy to destroy.
you could have accidentally destroyed a few bullets while checking how much points you'll get for the turrets.
that could explain why the points are different.

just a thought..
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Nah, what Icarus said fits perfectly. The different point values for different characters come from piercing shot or not.

The spinning turret is 6000 shot/600 bomb. Piercing shot always gives the lowest value (600 in this case) and aura always gives the highest value (6000).

So the bullets are actually 500 with aura for example instead of 50.

Breakdown: Those are 30k, whereas this one is 50k. I'm reasonably sure it's the one in my screenshot, which you can see if you really stare at it and compare to the reference pic.