Sony KV21CT1U 21" CRT Service Settings

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Trevor spencer

Sony KV21CT1U 21" CRT Service Settings

Post by Trevor spencer »

Hi

on the off chance dose anyone have the factory service settings or service manual for this TV , i need to adjust the 16.9 settings back to factory defualt and cant remember them :oops:

Thanks
Trev
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Did you save the settings with mute?

If not, I'm pretty sure it will revert upon you disconnecting it from its power source.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

thchardcore wrote:Did you save the settings with mute?

If not, I'm pretty sure it will revert upon you disconnecting it from its power source.
hi no i never saved with mute , i think it just stays the same weather its powered or not , i was wondering weather there is a way to set back to default settings ? , its only the GEOM settings ive played with

YouTube
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

there aren't really default settings. every TV is different when it comes to CRT so no TV setting will match. I guess you can still use them as a closer ball park setting thought if you have royally screwed anything up.

what is it that you are trying to adjust.... I've tuned alot of sony's via the service menu.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

i was adjusting the geom settings so games would fit the screen properly , 4.3 is fine but ive noticed on 16.9 its a little bowed (concave) at the right hand side of the screen and i cant seem to sort it :cry: i should of wrote all the default settings down before messing but i was to impatiant :cry:
YouTube
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

it's going to be really hard to get the geometry prefect on a wide screen CRT TV. Mine is not even flawless.

how bad is it now? what was wrong with it in the very start that made you adjust it. it will help me get an idea.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Strider77 wrote:it's going to be really hard to get the geometry prefect on a wide screen CRT TV. Mine is not even flawless.

how bad is it now? what was wrong with it in the very start that made you adjust it. it will help me get an idea.
hi the screen is actually a 4.3 screen but it has a 16.9 mode and when you plug most consoles into it it auto switch's to 16.9 mode automatically , i didnt release this at first and thought that my xbox didnt fit the screen properly so i streched it to pretty much the max and played with some of the bowing and curving options , once i noticed i was in 16.9 mode :oops: i tried to change it back but now have a slight inward curve on the right hand side of the screen , im not overly bothered as i bought the screen to play only tate 4.3 games so will probaly never use the 16.9 mode again but it would just be nice to have it right just incase i ever need to sell it

Thanks
YouTube
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

ive just used a proper hash test screen and ive noticed it bows at the left and right inwards , im gonna try a hash screen it 16.9 mode via my xbox and see how i get on , ive got it spot on in 4.3 mode

Thanks
YouTube