RQ: Gradius III

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Chipnyu

RQ: Gradius III

Post by Chipnyu »

Why am I surprised that this is NOT up here? Seriously! I'm stuck at the third boss. I have the PSP Collection, so there's a bit of a graphical slow down, which really just pisses me off. Espicually at the shooting the sand part of level 3. It took me about like 4 minutes to get past it!

Anywho, I keep dying constantly after the first two cores are shot. Any ideas after this?

And after this, Level 7 will be impossible.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Try turning "Wait" off. Should keep the game smooth.
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

I thought this would be about the JP PCB version, in which case "Try a port of it" is the best advice
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
Chipnyu

Post by Chipnyu »

There's a guy in town possibly who has the original PCB, what's up with the JP version?
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

The third Boss on the arcade version is best lasted out. Go round behind it at the top then go round behind it at the bottom before it opens up for the zig-zag laser attacks. Do this until it times out.

Stay forward on the Stage 4 Moai heads.
Mills

Re: RQ: Gradius III

Post by Mills »

Chipnyu wrote:Why am I surprised that this is NOT up here? Seriously! I'm stuck at the third boss. I have the PSP Collection, so there's a bit of a graphical slow down, which really just pisses me off. Espicually at the shooting the sand part of level 3. It took me about like 4 minutes to get past it!

Anywho, I keep dying constantly after the first two cores are shot. Any ideas after this?

And after this, Level 7 will be impossible.
checkout Youtube as there are some clips from stages 1-7 by some japanese player.
Master O

Post by Master O »

overkill55 wrote:I thought this would be about the JP PCB version, in which case "Try a port of it" is the best advice
... or play the Parodius series ... :lol:
DEL wrote:The third Boss on the arcade version is best lasted out. Go round behind it at the top then go round behind it at the bottom before it opens up for the zig-zag laser attacks. Do this until it times out.
Wow, that actually works! If people had known that trick back when it first came out, they'd be kicking themselves.
yojo!

Re: !

Post by yojo! »

DEL wrote:The third Boss on the arcade version is best lasted out. Go round behind it at the top then go round behind it at the bottom before it opens up for the zig-zag laser attacks. Do this until it times out.

Thanks so much for the hint; I've playing the PS2 version and I've been stuck there too. Can all the boss in Gradius III be timed out ?
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

I always make some stupid mistake before the third boss and end up there w/ no options and no slowdown, making it impossible for me, otherwise I can handle it. I'll have to try going behind him next time, thx DEL.
yojo!

Re: !

Post by yojo! »

When I go around behind at the top he still manages to sqwash me. Am I supposed to stay there or move ? There is no room behind him either.
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

That level 3 boss is pissing me off. Fuck it. There are no room behind the little bugger.
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

Has anybody ever been able to beat level 5's end boss with the circling options ? All the successfull replays I've seen so far on youtube use the trailing ones.