Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Thread split. Discussion of the Wishi Washie meet went here.
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

So heres the deal. As of right now the meet is off. I will try to get something together for late August or later dependent on when everyone is free.
However anyone who is wanting to get their console game on is welcome to stop by Saturday night. Just pm me and I can give you directions:)
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'm free in August save for labor day weekend, when I hope to hit up PAX :P

I ordered some Vectrex homebrews! So next time there will be some more sweet stuff to run.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Davey

Post by Davey »

Normally my weekends are pretty free, but I'll be unusually busy during the next several weeks.

The first half of August is kind of iffy right now, I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you do something in the next few weeks, don't count me in, but don't count me out either.

I have something planned just about every Saturday from late August through early October (weddings galore). So I'll have to pass if anything's going on at that time.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Any word on a date for the August meet? I'm itching to shoot things :P
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

Not yet. I need to bug Sonic to talk to Ayanami and see whats up with him first.
Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking after Labor Day as its already August and I want to make sure everyone can attend.
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Me and Sally would like to come to one of your semi-weekly get together's. Tell me when Its going down what we should bring,when to come etc.

I think I have directions to Sonic R's house in my old pm's I'll check.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Davey

Post by Davey »

FWIW I'd be able to come up on these Saturdays:

8/16
9/27
10/11 or after (no more stuff planned)

I know it's still a long time away, but 10/18 would be a good day for me to come up, even if it's just for a small gathering. I'll be in Ann Arbor during the day, so I'd already be over halfway there.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

I won't be able to make this one sorry :(. The drive would be killer. :shock:
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

If anyone has interest, all are more than welcome to come by next weekend 08-16-2008…

As for an idea of a big gathering, Davey has made mention that he will be in the area on the 18 of October, this gives 2 months time for anyone to make arrangements to get everyone together, and to plan where to hang out at, as well as other fine details. Please chime in ALL ideas.
Dale wrote:Me and Sally would like to come to one of your semi-weekly get together's. Tell me when Its going down what we should bring,when to come etc.

I think I have directions to Sonic R's house in my old pm's I'll check.
I'll be out of town this weekend (8/9) but will be home for next weekend (8/16)
Davey wrote: I know it's still a long time away, but 10/18 would be a good day for me to come up, even if it's just for a small gathering. I'll be in Ann Arbor during the day, so I'd already be over halfway there.
We will be seeing you for sure on this day :D

robivy64 wrote:I won't be able to make this one sorry :(. The drive would be killer. :shock:
:lol: It would indeed be a long drive… we can always plan on gathering when you have time anytime you are in the area :D
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:If anyone has interest, all are more than welcome to come by next weekend 08-16-2008…
I'll probably take you up on that offer.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:If anyone has interest, all are more than welcome to come by next weekend 08-16-2008…
I'll probably take you up on that offer.
Sounds good to me :D

Be aware that we may try out some Soul Calibur IV as Ayanami just recently got this game :P

…but we will play everything and anything as usual too!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Apparently the 18th is also when the Season's Beatings Street Fighter tournaments are going on in Columbus. I'm debating going, myself.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:Be aware that we may try out some Soul Calibur IV as Ayanami just recently got this game :P

Anything that doesn't involve cleaning up my old apartment or unpacking stuff at my new apartment is fine by me.

What time do you guys usually start?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:Be aware that we may try out some Soul Calibur IV as Ayanami just recently got this game :P

Anything that doesn't involve cleaning up my old apartment or unpacking stuff at my new apartment is fine by me.

What time do you guys usually start?
I think Ayanami and myself will probably start off around 6-7pm?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Sorry for the lack of response. It's been a really busy few weeks, so we haven't had much time to get on here and see what's going on. 6 or 7 is ok for us too, so I guess we'll see you guys on Saturday =)

I also wanted to note that Zero Gunner 2 will be arriving at AFC sometime soon. I'm not sure what the condition will be, but I'll take care of that when we get it. I'm not sure if anyone cares or not, but I just wanted to let the locals know.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Just so we're clear on everything who's house is it going to be at? If it's at Ayanami's house I'll need directions. I'll bring Under defeat. I'll also bring Curse and other rarities.

I'm also going to give kinn a call see if he can come (I doubt it). Andy might be coming too, I'm not sure yet(I'm assuming that's ok).
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Dale wrote:Just so we're clear on everything who's house is it going to be at? If it's at Ayanami's house I'll need directions. I'll bring Under defeat. I'll also bring Curse and other rarities.

I'm also going to give kinn a call see if he can come (I doubt it). Andy might be coming too, I'm not sure yet(I'm assuming that's ok).
We'll be gathering at my home this afternoon…

Everyone is welcome!

Hope to see everyone tonight!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Wait apparently I don't have directions to your house, I'm gonna need your address, street and City. I have your cell number I'll give you a call if I need any help after that.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Dale wrote: I'm also going to give kinn a call see if he can come (I doubt it). Andy might be coming too, I'm not sure yet(I'm assuming that's ok).
*cries*
Fight Like A Robot!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

A couple pictures…

Thanks again to everyone who was able to make it out and for those whom couldn't be here…

—Warning—
A bigger meet is approaching soon!
Davey

Post by Davey »

S.C.A.T.... that's how you know it was a party. :o

I forgot to ask you guys, last time I was up there I lent my Saturn Virtual On sticks to nobody in particular. Who has them? It's not that I really miss them, I just want to sell off the dustier portions of my video game collection. If any of you want to buy them, I'd sell them for cheap because that would save me some effort and I'm a lazy bastard. If not, I'll just pick them up next time I'm around.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

For the record:

I am still trying to clean off scores from you guys on my Raiden Fighters Jet board :( .
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Sorry about that. :wink:

Any who, I believe Jazz should have those twin sticks. If he swears that I have em, I will start to tear apart my room to look for them. Needs to be cleaned any way.

Just got a huge new monitor by the way to hook up my 360 and PC to. This thing is huge.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:S.C.A.T.... that's how you know it was a party. :o

I forgot to ask you guys, last time I was up there I lent my Saturn Virtual On sticks to nobody in particular. Who has them? It's not that I really miss them, I just want to sell off the dustier portions of my video game collection. If any of you want to buy them, I'd sell them for cheap because that would save me some effort and I'm a lazy bastard. If not, I'll just pick them up next time I'm around.
The Saturn Twin Sticks w/Dreamcast converter are in the cozy confides of my basement along with my other joysticks…

I really need to give it a try next time I play Virtua On. I may be interested in them. Either way they are currently in my care.

Oh yeah…for Dale
I got a copy of Run Saber and played through it last night. Now playing it again I remember this game! Good game great fun!
Also found Metal Storm for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Its funny how we made mention of that games shop by the Happy Pizza and that is where I find these games :P I originally went there hoping to find Track & Field 1 & 2 for the NES as I have urge to play those during Olympic time. No luck finding either of those sport games :?
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

8) - Looks like good times...sorry I couldn't be there.

Be praying...
Be praying...
Be praying...
Fight Like A Robot!
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Why do I looked stoned? Maybe that's why everyone loves Happy's...

I might be interested in buying those sticks if Sonic R doesn't want 'em. I'm a huge VO freak and supposedly the sticks are the only way to play VOOT.

I kept seeing Metal Storm in all these stores and thought it might be awesome because, I mean, it's fucking called Metal Storm, but I never picked it up. I saw some pics of it in a magazine not too long ago which confirmed that it is, indeed, awesome. Now I need it to complete my life. You will have to show it to me next time, Sonic.

You must come to the next meet, ROBO, if we have to drag your ass there ourselves.

Oh yeah, one mo' thing: when did you guys want to go to the 'Papalis? Soon, I hope, because seafood pizza has been calling me in my sleep and I don't know how much longer I can resist its lurid chanting...
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I am free until classes start. Just call me whenever you guys want to go. I imagine that you guys will not go until after seven, so my work should not be an issue.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

There's a game shop out that way?
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, next to the Mongolian Barbeque and Jimmy Johns. My brother works there actually.