Batsugun (normal and special edition)!

Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Dylan1CC wrote:Just one more high score before I go to sleep. Man, am I busy tonight. :P

1,498,800 Stage 4 Fighter type A Beltiana
Score updated, as a reply to your PM, thanks for the feddback and the politeness of course :wink:
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Randorama wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote:Just one more high score before I go to sleep. Man, am I busy tonight. :P

1,498,800 Stage 4 Fighter type A Beltiana
Score updated, as a reply to your PM, thanks for the feddback and the politeness of course :wink:
haha Uh, dude? Another polite observation. You still have me ranked as number 4. I should be number 3 at this point. Also you forgot to list my name.

:(
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

New score today:

Dylan1CC: 1,643,420 Stage 4 Fighter type A Beltiana

I was finally able to get to the stage 4 boss "Jupiter" on one credit. After taking out a bunch of his turrets, a bullet came outta nowhere and I died before I could use my last bomb.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Dylan1CC wrote:haha Uh, dude? Another polite observation. You still have me ranked as number 4. I should be number 3 at this point. Also you forgot to list my name.

Please post the scores in this format:

1.Randorama - 3,410,220 - stage 5 - Iceman (Type C)
Also, you may want to hold off on posting every time you up your score by 10 points. Rando has shit to do, I'm sure. Basic shmup etiquette. Fuckin noobs!
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

NTSC-J wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote:haha Uh, dude? Another polite observation. You still have me ranked as number 4. I should be number 3 at this point. Also you forgot to list my name.

Please post the scores in this format:

1.Randorama - 3,410,220 - stage 5 - Iceman (Type C)
Also, you may want to hold off on posting every time you up your score by 10 points. Rando has shit to do, I'm sure. Basic shmup etiquette. Fuckin noobs!
:roll: Kaneda, you seriously need to chill out. Was just enjoying the thread. No need to be so rude, not like I have ever tried to provoke YOU right? Maybe you're just a troll trying to get me to act like you? And I will add, I was posting my score in the right format, I just wasn't adding dashes or parentheses, big deal. In any case, admin has been keeping an eye on you for awhile now, and this is gonna be handled through PM.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Aside from the various issues unrelated to the thread, i just uploaded the last score, sorry for the mess but i have the bad habit of quickly editing the charts while at work :?
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Randorama wrote:Aside from the various issues unrelated to the thread, i just uploaded the last score, sorry for the mess but i have the bad habit of quickly editing the charts while at work :?
No problem, Rando. Hope you didn't feel any pressure because that was not my intention in any way.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Not at all, actually i tend to seriously overlook omissions and mistakes so any feed back is necessary :wink:
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

So quoting the rules of the score forum is trolling now? Was it the 'fuckin noobs'? We all know you're a mod, I was just ribbing you. I'm not trying to step on any toes. I don't mean to be picking on you, Dylan1CC, specifically. I try to spread the love around to everyone.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Kaneda isn't prejudiced...he hates us all equally.

Neon - 5684070 - Stage 8 - Beltiana (Type B)

edit for score update, playing special version
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Gentlemen, please leave the unrelated discussions to PMs or outisde the high-score threads :?

Good job Neon, don't forget that you said this summer was Batsugun all the way for you :wink:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

New score, I can now make it to stage 5 on one credit.

Dylan1CC - 1,927,080 - Stage 5 - Beltiana (Type B)

I just need to figure out Jupiter's bullet patterns better. Once I can get to stage 5 with at least 2 lives I should be much closer to 1CC'ing the game.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

One general hint: keep it cool and try to stay centered, most of Jupiter's patterns are easily to dodge if you don't wild movements. For the rest, you're almost there, so good luck :wink:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Randorama wrote:One general hint: keep it cool and try to stay centered, most of Jupiter's patterns are easily to dodge if you don't wild movements. For the rest, you're almost there, so good luck :wink:
Thanks Rando. :) I have been getting better at dodging the spinning/zooming purple lazer balls.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

New score, it still doesn't get me past #5 on the ranking but it is about a good 500,000 more than my last. I am gradually getting better at surviving Jupiter :x If I ever get past him with more than one life I'll be a lot closer to 1CC'ing the game:

Dylan1CC - 2,461,530 - Stage 5 - Beltiana (Type B)
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Hurrah! My first 1CC in a loooong time. I was just on a roll for some reason. Still nowhere near touching the top scores here though. :lol:

Cthulhu - 5,309,500 - Stage 8 - Iceman (Special Edition)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Congrats, just in case: there's my ST in the strategy section, some tricks are easy to do, especially the bombing one (stage 5) :wink:
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Shatterhand - 1355190 - Stage 4 - Beltiana (Type B) - Normal mode

And so I settle for last place. But it's ok, I begun playing the game yesterday, I guess there are still lots of room for improvement :)
jp

Post by jp »

Shatterhand wrote:Shatterhand - 1355190 - Stage 4 - Beltiana (Type B) - Normal mode

And so I settle for last place. But it's ok, I begun playing the game yesterday, I guess there are still lots of room for improvement :)

Actually, thats pretty impressive if you just started yesterday. Congrats! :D
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
jp

Post by jp »

Just tried out Special Version (yeah yeah, I know, took me long enough), and while I thought my score was impressive... I guess not.

jp - 4,552,440 - Stage 8 - Jeeno

Guess I need to go back and read Rando's ST on how to get a real score eh? ;)
jp

Post by jp »

Only stage 5.. but...

Special Version:
jp - 9,035,840 - Stage 5 - Jeeno

Got 3 batches of the tanks on Jupiter and pulled off the mech trick. Though Ground of the Galaxy wiped me out in its first volley of shots (is there even a solid strategy for that beast?)
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

jp wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:Shatterhand - 1355190 - Stage 4 - Beltiana (Type B) - Normal mode

Actually, thats pretty impressive if you just started yesterday. Congrats! :D
Well, thanx! :) It wasn't my first contact with the game tough, I own the game for sometime now, I just never gave it any serious time. What's really funny is that one day before I made that score, I was going to a party with my girlfriend... while I was waiting her to ,take a bath, dress up, etc etc (Women may take ages, you know :D), I just thought about playing some game for my waiting. I just thought "Hmm.. I never played Batsugun properly... let me give it a shot". I think I player 6 rounds of it while waiting for her, and I loved it.

So when I got back home later at night, I got back to play the game. And then the next day again, and I made that score... it was the 1st time I reached level 4, and for my surprise I got very far on it without dying (it was my last life). I got the extend somewhere, and then I died for those airplanes came from behind, and died just a bit later from a swarm of bullets coming from everywhere (It was just before the boss warning)

I had a long shot at the game yesterday, could reach level 4 a few more times, but didn't manage to beat my score.
jp

Post by jp »

Special Version:
jp - 12,654,750 - Stage 8 - Jeeno

Quick run down:
Nailed the special airplane in Level 2 while I was leveling up.
Had a stupid death at the "mid-boss" of level 3.
Got 4 batches of tanks at the level 4 boss (I hate the time release second form bullshit though, ugh!)

Made it up through the moving platform part of level 5 in one life.
Died shortly thereafter because I didn't use a bomb. :x

1 lifed the rest of stage 5.

Made it through stages 6 and 7 on one life (though I used plenty o' bombs), and then level 8, as always, ate me alive. My final foe was the mid-boss of level 8, at which point I had one life and no bombs, but was mere bars away from another level. *sigh*

Oh well, hello 6th place. :D Not bad seeing as how I've only been playing this for 2 nights eh (well, special version. I'm sure something carried over from when I 1CC'd the main game, which IMO, is a completely different and much more brutal beast)?
jp

Post by jp »

jp - 15,971,670 - Stage 8 - Jeeno

Quick Rundown:
Got the secret in level 2.
1 life up to stage 4 boss, then one of those twirling rods got me while I wasn't looking.
Got 5 batches of tanks.
Got the platform bonus, had to bomb at the very end, too much shit.
FINALLY figured out what Rando was talking about when he talked about round tanks on planes... I kept looking for round tanks on aircraft! :lol:

And here's my favorite part:
I realized a little too late Toaplan's trickery with the "round tanks" trick. Thus, as I approached the Ground of the Galaxy, I had no bombs. I also had no extra hits and my experience meter was but half full. I had 1 lifed stage 5 up to that point, but I figured I would be slain soon enough and proceed to nuke the hell out of GotG. My bombs were never replenished. I, somehow, managed to beat Ground of the Galaxy, without getting hit and without using a single bomb. I think that right there destroys every other gaming achievement I've ever had!

As usual, Stage 8 slaughtered me. I don't forsee me ever beating that level. C'est la vie.
Tar-Palantir

Post by Tar-Palantir »

Special Edition:

Tar-Palantir - 11,190,300 - Stage 6 - Beltiana

(can't believe it...the first time I ever killed Madzella sans bombing :shock: )
jp

Post by jp »

Special Version:
jp - 18,962,320 - Stage 5 - Jeeno (Type A)

300,000 points away from having a higher score at Stage 8... :cry:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

My first 1CC and my first ALL clear score. :) It's not as high as I'd like it to be but not so bad. Once I learn how to milk Jupiter it will get better:

Normal ed.

Dylan1CC - 2,984,820 - ALL - Beltiana
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Please notice that i've updated the breaking news part for you alone, my dear Dylan :wink:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Randorama wrote:Please notice that i've updated the breaking news part for you alone, my dear Dylan :wink:
Thanks. Like a celebrity now or sumthin.' :P
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I lost my old MAME score for this awhile ago and never reposted it, but I finally managed to improve a bit now that I have the home version:

BulletMagnet - 5,257,200 - Stage 8 - Beltiana (Type B)

Special Version, obviously.