RQ: Lords of Thunder best armors for each level

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
boom

RQ: Lords of Thunder best armors for each level

Post by boom »

Here is my list of chosen armors by level:
Water level I use earth armor.
Fire level I use water armor, water puts out fire?
Forest level I use fire armor, fire burns down trees?
Ice level I use fire armor, fire melts ice?
Cloud level I use wind armor, wind moves clouds?
Desert level I use water armor, water is precious in a desert?
Level 7 I use water armor, since it fires backwards and enemies come from behind a lot here.
Final boss I use earth armor.

You folks think this is a good strategy, does it matter much which armor you pick for each stage?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I don't think there's any element damage in the game, but I could be wrong. It has been a while since I played it, but I think I started the first level with Water Armor, then switched to Earth Armor for the rest of the game. Worked like a charm.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I always use Earth Armor throughout the whole game. It's simply the most powerful one and when at full power you have decent protection from all sides.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

^^^Agreed. The only time I ever use the water armor is in the volcano stage, and the fire armor just for fun in the forest one. The wind armor completely blows. (pun intended)
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
SamIAm

Post by SamIAm »

I like to use the fire armor most of the time. For one thing, it makes the least amount of noise (in the Sega CD version) so I can half-hear the soundtrack. For another, it's element bomb is amazing against anything that is stationary. The final boss can be taken out in two hits this way.

I do like to use the water armor for the water level, though, because of the way it fires bullets in all directions when at full power. I've found it to be the most effective one for collecting loads of gems when you fly through the water and break up those bubbles.
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Dezant: Earth
Azuis: Water
Llamarada: Wind
Bosque: Fire?
Helado: Earth (VERY effective against the boss--you need only a very few shots to melt him, and since his mouth is only occasionally open...)
Cielom: Water (considering how many enemies come from behind here...)
Zaggart's temple: ?