Cool XBOX 360 Rear breakout panel!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
undamned

Cool XBOX 360 Rear breakout panel!

Post by undamned »

Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

If only it didn't void your warranty in order for you to use it.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

it looks like it just plugs into the existing av/usb ports. no need to void your warranty by taking your 360 apart.
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

I'm sure he is speaking to the fact that this has additional fans in it. These "Intercooler" type devices are notorious for causing problems, and Microsoft has gone as far as to void warranties to persons using them.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Endymion wrote:I'm sure he is speaking to the fact that this has additional fans in it. These "Intercooler" type devices are notorious for causing problems, and Microsoft has gone as far as to void warranties to persons using them.
yeah, they aren't the best idea, but how would ms know you used one unless you told them?
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

brokenhalo wrote:
Endymion wrote:I'm sure he is speaking to the fact that this has additional fans in it. These "Intercooler" type devices are notorious for causing problems, and Microsoft has gone as far as to void warranties to persons using them.
yeah, they aren't the best idea, but how would ms know you used one unless you told them?
If you google around for images you will find some where "Intercoolers" have burned and/or melted around the power socket where the power supply attaches through it to the 360. That is probably their best indication.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

those intercooler unit plug OVER the power supply... you have to then plug your power brick into the cooler unit....

this one doesn't have the power plug on it..... no where to plug the power brick. so that means it's pulling the power from the USB port and that's totally safe.

I use a small cooler stand that pulls power from the USB also... it's safe.
Etrian

Post by Etrian »

Strider77 wrote:I use a small cooler stand that pulls power from the USB also... it's safe.
Name? I'm worried that my 360 might overheat if I put stand it up.. :(
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Mine is a pelican I think.... it very simple and modest looking. Hardly noticable....

Just be sure to get one that plugs up via USB.... if it gets the power via USB it's safe. Just like the one shown above.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

this is just speculation on my part, but the 360's don't seem to overheat due to not having enough fans. it seems to be more related to all the dust that is pulled in through the air holes. it sticks to everything, and clogs the fins on the main heatsink. i take my 360 apart every 2 months or so and spray it out with compressed air. it's been working without a hitch for a year and a half now.