Wishicon 2008 /*/ Detroit Metro Area /*/ July 19th

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
robivy64

Wishicon 2008 /*/ Detroit Metro Area /*/ July 19th

Post by robivy64 »

~~
Last edited by robivy64 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
boagman

Post by boagman »

robivy64 wrote:It's going to be pretty amazing. There are several folks flying in for this. Lots of PCBs and candy cabs present. Me and a friend are flying in for the entire weekend.
::left eye twitches::

Did I not just *say* how annoyed I was that I had a wedding to go to on that Saturday? Is there another day to come or something, or are you just pouring lemon juice directly into my wound? ;)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

robivy64 wrote:It's going to be pretty amazing. There are several folks flying in for this. Lots of PCBs and candy cabs present. Me and a friend are flying in for the entire weekend.
This is the first I've heard of this one! Who's organizing it?

Man, maybe we can get Robo out for this one, since he's finished moving?
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
bostongeorge

Post by bostongeorge »

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I live relatively near (Indianapolis) and would be interested in coming. Room for one more?
Davey

Post by Davey »

ubersaurus wrote:This is the first I've heard of this one! Who's organizing it?
Bay posted some pics from a previous one: link

That's all I know about it.
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

Please don't hijack this thread. Im trying to be nice about this but Im sort of pissed off right now as this was planned since the beginning of May and I am just hearing this other person is doing his the same weekend.
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Oh come now. No big deal. If they are willing, perhaps we should join their meet. We have all experienced my place plenty of times. New place with Candy cabs sounds just a touch more exciting. Love to come if I am welcome.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Yeah my guess is:

- Wishi Washi people will go to the Wishi Washi meet
- Everybody that normally shows up to Ayanami's or Sonic R's will go to Ayanami's

+1 vote for:
Ayanami wrote:No big deal.
WW does have shinier toys, though (says the guy that pretty much brings nothing to the meets except beer).

Whatever happens, happens.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

eep! certainly did not mean to stir up any trouble. my apologies. I have edited my posts.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Don't worry about it bro. Like I said, I think it would be awesome to go to the meet you guys are holding. However, after doing some research, I understand that your guy's meet is for Wishi Washi dudes. I think Davey has summed it up pretty good, and I definitely understand if you guys want to keep the meet low key and private. It is really no big deal either way, I assure you that shmups will be played in glorious fashion whether we are at my place or yours. :D
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Oh no its not that, I dont want to disrupt any plans you guys originally had.
TriggerHeartExelica wrote: Please don't hijack this thread. Im trying to be nice about this but Im sort of pissed off right now as this was planned since the beginning of May and I am just hearing this other person is doing his the same weekend.
Some people were getting upset at the thought of another gathering possibly spoiling the original plans. I dont want that to happen. As you stated, we will all be rockin the shooters in Detroit that weekend. :)
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Well, I will be heading to Toronto for the weekend. I will not be able to update for just a small while.

robivy64 - Man, if you could talk to the Wishi Washi dudes about us all coming down for your guy's meet, that would be awesome. Once again I would hate to intrude, but I would be lying if I said I did not want to come by and play shooties on fancy toys like Candy Cabs. I would think that the many that attend the meets at my place feel the same way. At least I think so.

By the way, if any of you guys that normally attend the meets at my place (Sonic R, TriggerHeart, Davey, zero and kccttzj, etc etc) would rather be at my place for a more quaint gathering with the usual gang, just say the word or PM me and I will just host for those who want to stick around.

I can understand Wishi Washi if they do not want things to get too crowded over there, and also the good old GLA if you guys want to just chill in the DH. But I figured it was time to give a formal request for attendance of Wishi Washi meet. That way we can figure out even if the choice/option of attending the wishi bash is available.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

I would like to extend an offer for anyone who would like to join us on that Saturday, July 19th. Details are still being worked out, but feel free to post here if you would like to meet up with us. We would certainly enjoy meeting everyone. I will PM those who are interested with details when we smooth them out. We are looking at having this in Sterling Heights and/or Royal Oak.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Can I still bring along the modded Neo Geo (for 2p Viewpoint) and the Vectrex? ;)
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

One of the events will probably be at the owner of Southtown-Homebrew's house, and he has a near complete MVS collection with several nice 2P candy cabs, but sure 8)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

robivy64 wrote:One of the events will probably be at the owner of Southtown-Homebrew's house, and he has a near complete MVS collection with several nice 2P candy cabs, but sure 8)
Well the point here is that the neo geo is a unibios mod, which allows for two player simultaneous Viewpoint - not something you see usually.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Southtown is an official US vender of the UniBIOS chip, so he should have that covered too :p
Davey

Post by Davey »

Count me in! I'm assuming Ayanami will be taking you up on the invite (and thus no longer hosting), so I'd like to join in wherever everybody else is going.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

OK we have the details sorted, and ill send some PMs out early next week to those who have confirmed that they would like to come. We will probably meet at Dan's after lunch and game in his arcade room until around dinner, then party it up in Royal Oak that night (drinking + shmups FTW). Both locations have some Japanese candy cabs.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Well, if it's a Saturday, I'll be aworkin til about 5...unless I can get the day off. Which is certainly not a guarantee. But nevertheless I'm down, and like I said...the Veccy is coming :P

Should I pull out ye olde Turbo Duo?
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

I like how the thread title keeps changing in an attempt to poke fun at our gathering. People wanted to go, so I extended an invite...

If you want to go PM me. If you don't want to go, don't PM me. People asked about it, so I told them about it...

I will not post anymore information in this thread.
Last edited by robivy64 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

So I guess the question now is, what's going on for this meet?
TriggerHeartExelica

Who knows anymore??? I guess we should just call it off seeing as how people like to change their minds at the last minute.
If anyone is still interested in attending please pm me.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I may have jumped to conclusions, but I thought the meet for the Sonic/Ayanami crew was off.

Ayanami was hosting, but I guess he's going to the other one instead. However, he said he'd still host if that's what people wanted, but nobody responded to that (at least in this thread, maybe some of you PMed him or talked to him in person). So I figured those of us that normally go to his place would go to this other meet instead.

That's what I was thinking, anyway.
TriggerHeartExelica

I guess thats whats going on but at this point I could care less. I am not going to even bother trying to organize another meet.
I don't care that everyone is more interested in the other meet but rather that this came about a week or so ago and it would've been nice to know in advance what the hell is going on. But whatever.
pixeljunkie

Post by pixeljunkie »

robivy64 wrote:I like how the thread title keeps changing in an attempt to poke fun at our gathering.
yeah but, "alcohol + many cabinets" ??? Sounds awesome to me.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

:cry:
Things have gotten too far out of hand.
I had a mission long ago almost 2 years ago&…

My Mission:
•to unite people of the Great Lakes region that share a common interest of shooting video games and video games in general.
•to welcome all people equally — no exclusivity, open to all
•to offer an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and have a good time.
•to create everlasting fellowship — even beyond video game.

I had come from a national car club and had experience to organize several events. I feel I could bring the same to video games…
Sonic R on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm wrote:Ok time to start a new thread! Looking to start a "shooting club" where folks can get together and play some shooties! A couple of us already get together about every other week right now.

Perhaps we can meet monthly if possible. We can even move it around from other peoples homes as well.
All I ever want was to bring people together. What we need was solidarity.

But upon lack of communication and the culture surrounded by this forum… from stick vs. pad, console vs. arcade, USA vs. the world. People have put themselves in classes and have looked down upon those that are not of the same ilk…

Now it has happened right here. This is essentially an exclusive group, of whom have their own agenda, further dividing the very thing of which I tried to build… what started as a trolling attempt at spitting in my face to entice everyone else has now come to this…

All I ever wanted was for everyone to get together and have fun with real people. The very fact that I (or many other people of whom I know) have NEVER been invited to unite with such people alone show the very division of this forum and this very world we live in. People are put their agenda ahead of human feelings and now this has become a separation of classes. The haves and have nots.

Where I stand is that right now, certain people have poked fun at what I tried to create, or have ignored me because I am of a different class.

I do not know what is the state of affairs. I have NEVER been contacted and have found out happenings from others and now I had to make a presence to figure out anything.

I am waiting for the decisions of kccttzj and zero.otaku of which I am sure will influence the decision of Ayanami and go from there…

I hope one day to realize everlasting peace and harmony.
Last edited by Sonic R on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Trolling attempt? Are you kidding?

Thanks to those who PM'd me to RSVP and/or apologize on the behalf of the behavior of some of the people in this thread. Like i said nobody has to join us, but the invitation is there, and we would love to meet some of you. Obviously i'm about 800 miles from Detroit, but I have had some of these fellas over at my house in Alabama, and they are standup guys.

I'm surprised at the cliquish responses, but like I said, nobody has to come, but you are all invited.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

pixeljunkie wrote:
robivy64 wrote:I like how the thread title keeps changing in an attempt to poke fun at our gathering.
yeah but, "alcohol + many cabinets" ??? Sounds awesome to me.
haha see you there Chad 8)
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

Sonic R wrote:long text
I think you misunderstand. Rob was simply inviting some of the people to hang out with them, is that some sort of crime? It's not like he's 10 years old and trying to steal your friends, dude. I'm sure he didn't intend to verbally show-off either.

Who wouldn't point of the hardware that would be present to entice people to come?
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs