Pararalyzer (flash shmup)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ARCADIA

Pararalyzer (flash shmup)

Post by ARCADIA »

found this on Flash Game Festival '08 site, just glanced at.

Pararalyzer (if you're not tired of danmaku shmup yet)

Manual

and remember this? Neko Shooter from last year's Festival.
Last edited by ARCADIA on Wed May 07, 2008 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Seems pretty fun .. but it's teeny weenie in my browser window. A download option would be nice.

Also the only cue you've lost a life being a sound effect .. naughty. The enemies don't even stop firing, and your ship doesn't flicker to show temp. invunerability.

Edit: Ok, I tried the x2 mode and it's much better. Still not perfect, but at least I can see stuff. :P For some reason it lagged alot in the menus, but it was fine in-game. Now to get joy2key working with it .. >_>

Edit 2: After playing up to the final boss on normal (Pretty sure it was anyway ..) It's definitely the best Flash shmup I've ever played. Lots of fun. Hard kicked my ass, though .. seemed like I couldn't even kill the enemies fast enough, and yes I was using the secondary attack to weaken them.

I didn't really see any scoring system in place, unless I don't understand it. Seemed like all there was to it is weaken enemies with secondary attack, then shoot them down.

A 3x mode would be nice too .. :P
Last edited by Udderdude on Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Udderdude wrote:Seems pretty fun .. but it's teeny weenie in my browser window. A download option would be nice.

Also the only cue you've lost a life being a sound effect .. naughty. The enemies don't even stop firing, and your ship doesn't flicker to show temp. invunerability.
Did you click the x2 in the corner?

This game would be fun if the enemies had less life, the game didn't run so slow, and your ship shot faster.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I think this'll be the first and last time I'll be honestly shocked this thread opened with complaints.

Raiden X should feel bitchslapped. This is easily the best flash game I have ever played. Period.

Nothing in flash has ever captured the feel of a manic STG.

I'm gonna go play some more and expect the obligatory Scanlines complaint by Wednesday...
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

I did 30 million somthing on my first try.

The game is kinda easy and reminds me of touhou a little too much. Not a big fan of these insanely slow bullets.

I just realized that the little X2 on the bottom right makes the window twice as big.
320x240

Post by 320x240 »

WOW! THE ONLY WAY TO TOP THIS IS TO TURN IT INTO A FULLY FLEDGED RPG!

Seriously though, the game is just to slow on my machine. At least I think it's just my machine.

Also, I hear BulletXML is some kind of virus? It seems everyone has caught it these days.
It is powerup of laser.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

There's an "alternate" mode (more difficult...?) for each difficulty. At the character selection, press "s" and you'll notice your character flips around. The same thing can be done during ranking to look at the high scores for that mode.
Last edited by sikraiken on Tue May 06, 2008 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

what

slow bullets

ok im gonna go sleep now
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
drboom

Post by drboom »

So, I'm a geek and did the 2nd loop in Neko Shooter and got the true last boss and I couldn't fire anymore!! - there's a balloon over my head with some stuff in Japanese and I'm not exactly fluent.
Anybody know what's the deal here?
Not that it really matters, but I'm a bit ocd and I need to know this stuff.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

I don't know what actions prevent him from disabling your shot.

But his bullets change he eventually starts shooting hearts at some point. Then I died and was too lazy to try to beat him lol. Maybe something happens after a while?
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Incredibly well done, almost professional. If I had had a shmup like that on wonderswan color and such, back in the days, I would've spaced out for ages.

Too bad it's a tad on the easy side. Shoe-spama is right, bullets are so slow that it's a pleasure avoiding them. And I play on a portable. Wonder what'd happen with a nice d-pad...
Alas, Ikaruga is going...

Undesired, unwanted them...
What makes them go?
it290

Post by it290 »

Nice game -- man, you have to love the Linux version of Flash (not). Ran at about 12fps on my machine, which made it a rather nice RTS. That said, very very good for a Flash game.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

drboom wrote:So, I'm a geek and did the 2nd loop in Neko Shooter and got the true last boss and I couldn't fire anymore!! - there's a balloon over my head with some stuff in Japanese and I'm not exactly fluent.
Anybody know what's the deal here?
Not that it really matters, but I'm a bit ocd and I need to know this stuff.
In case anyone still cares, I think it says you ran out of bullets. Next time don't waste so many bullets. :wink:
SWY: Games are just for fun
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

If you wanna download it or play fullscreen just use this link

http://heriet.info/swf/fgf08_pararalyze ... alyzer.swf
DarrenMena

Re: Pararalyzer (flash shmup)

Post by DarrenMena »

Thanks ptoing. This is a good game but the other version was way too small.

I'm not too sure but I heard that Phen375 was good if you have a big appetite and are trying to lose weight because it suppresses your appetite really well.
Last edited by DarrenMena on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

DarrenMena wrote:Thanks ptoing. This is a good game but the other version was way too small.
what a wierd necro post.

I notice that it doesnt run in explorer just like Arcanacra black label doesnt, the latest version of explorer doesnt seem to like java games very much.

While flash shmups are not really my cup of tea i run across this flash shmup just today. Its called Galaxy Parade http://www.revolver-games.com/galaxyparade/game.htm
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Got to Stage 3 hard in just about 30 mins of practice. The final boss is really fucking annoying, though. Seriously, how does one cutback on her giant-ass spread shots?

This game's difficulty is really inconsistent. It doesn't help that you get life refills every stage.
NatalieSmith01

Post by NatalieSmith01 »

Stage 3 is quite cool.
Loved it.