RQ: A few high-level play tips for Mushihimesama MANIAC

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Necronopticous

RQ: A few high-level play tips for Mushihimesama MANIAC

Post by Necronopticous »

I have been aware of a few high-level scoring strategies that I have never actually employed in my own plays, mainly because I'm not familiar enough with them to merit actually trying them out. Now that I've reached my previous goal of the 300 million mark, I'd really like to get on board with these techniques to further up my score as much as possible.

The most notable one is the stage 4 boss/beginning of stage 5 S-Power switch. I am aware that people make this switch to somehow up their score in these segments, but I'm still unsure exactly how or why this works. Is there any videos around that I can download that shows this strategy off, or can someone who is more familiar with it explain?

My other questions are extremely minor in comparison, I'm mostly worried about this for now.

Thanks.
Red Hots

Post by Red Hots »

Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Yeah, see, I don't have that money.
elfhentaifan

Re: RQ: A few high-level play tips for Mushihimesama MANIAC

Post by elfhentaifan »

Necronopticous wrote: The most notable one is the stage 4 boss/beginning of stage 5 S-Power switch.

the guy (in the maniac bio replay) gets the S-Power up there in order to screw up his chain (for the first half of stage 5) immediately, but also plays very risky, to keep this chain up (+ he uses the C+A trick).
If you fo this strat you will HAVE to suicide yourself right before the midboss, in order to get the w-power up again and trigger the midboss with the C+A strategy.
And here begins the actual scoring of stage 5, unless you break your chain in the following part up to the boss.
So to make this strategy work more or less, it is provided, to know kinda every enemy in that stage + doing a lot of risks which is propably the biggest problem here.

Btw get the cash to check this at the official DVD.
there is no way around anyways :wink: