Change Air Blade is a great game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
shoe-sama
Banned User

Change Air Blade is a great game

Post by shoe-sama »

Change Air Blade great

it features
  • :shock: 8 SHIPS TO CHOOSE FROM
    :shock: INTENSE MULTIPLAYER COMBAT
    :shock: DIFFERENT SHIP TYPES A B C & ABC
    :shock: NO SHIP BALANCE WHATSOEVER
    :shock: COMPLETELY BROKEN ATTACK COMBOS
    :shock: UTTERLY RETARDED SCORING SYSTEM
In other words it's like a Raizing game with multiplayer. It even has a Black Heart ripoff

Yeah yeah yeah

You ever wanted to kill people with boss patterns and send hilariously undodgeable crap down your opponent's throat?

Well now's your chance.

You should play Change Air Blade.

Change Air Blade battles are epic. You have one person acting as the boss and the other acting as the player. The boss player could probably just button mash and totally own the player.

Yeah that's the best part.

You can do shit like this pattern while moving around and laugh your ass off as your opponent gets killed. It's impossible to dodge because moving around makes the aiming system go haywire for this pattern. God damn, this pattern is priceless.

This game is full of completely ridiculous shit such as this. It's downright hilarious. The game is so horrible that you'll be rofling.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
D

Post by D »

videos plz
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

zomg torrent plz.

wait wrong retarded request.

Edit: let's see some videos of all the stupidness this game has to offer.
Last edited by Udderdude on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

A shmupmeet favorite.

Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Dave_K. wrote:A shmupmeet favorite.

wow I need to hitchhike over there sometime

maybe I should make a video review too
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Change Air Blade is running on the SSV arcade motherboard platform...same platform as Storm Blade and both Vasara I & II arcade shmup titles. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
stanski

Post by stanski »

play twinkle star sprites
orange

Post by orange »

stanski wrote:play senko no ronde
edit haha i'm awesome at typing today
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

tss doesnt have ridiculous shit
Ed Oscuro

Re: Change Air Blade is a great game

Post by Ed Oscuro »

shoe-sama wrote:It even has a Black Heart ripoff
The world needs more of those
szycag

Post by szycag »

You should change this into a poll to see if people prefer Twinkle Star Sprites or Change Air Blade for their Vs. shmup preference. That would be interesting.
That is Galactic Dancing
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Most "boss" patterns aren't terribly difficult to dodge when you know what you're up against. There are a handful of tough specials, but nothing unavoidable. The fact that the game gives frequent bombs and extends (though if you're full-health you get shafted) helps quite a bit.

The final boss is, however, the cheapest 1v1 opponent you will ever go up against...Gil notwithstanding. He'll damn sure use all his boss forms, and takes minimal damage.

Oddly enough, I can't find the Hi-Score thread any more.
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

Ha, I think that game looks kind of cool. Is it JAMMA? Hard to find?
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Someone make a hi-score thread for this game.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Damocles wrote:Most "boss" patterns aren't terribly difficult to dodge when you know what you're up against. There are a handful of tough specials, but nothing unavoidable. The fact that the game gives frequent bombs and extends (though if you're full-health you get shafted) helps quite a bit.

The final boss is, however, the cheapest 1v1 opponent you will ever go up against...Gil notwithstanding. He'll damn sure use all his boss forms, and takes minimal damage.

Oddly enough, I can't find the Hi-Score thread any more.
the last boss is incredibly easy even with rank lol

I didn't have to practice stages 6-8 at all. Figured them out pretty fast.

also dur 1p is easy
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

After looking in this thread a couple of times, I can infer the following:

No shmupmeet is complete without Change Air Blade running somewhere, SOMEHOW (whether it be MAME or PCB).
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

overkill55 wrote:Ha, I think that game looks kind of cool. Is it JAMMA? Hard to find?
Yep, Change Air Blade PCB is Jamma compatible...you might want to check on YAJ for availability. ^_~
zubiac

Post by zubiac »

woah that looks sweeet!
I demand a release for Wiicade
War is in my Heart -- Death is by my Side
FIL

Post by FIL »

I just tried it and its awesome, makes me wish i had friends.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

just play it through mame vs me or soemthing lol
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

First post is completely accurate. + this game sucks even more online PVP because the lag helps out the top ship disproportionally.

One time my MAME was doing weird shit and I couldn't even see and I still won on top because this game sucks balls. I like how the top is so broken the only thing you can do on the bottom which is any good is get the switch sides powerup lol.
orange wrote:
stanski wrote:play senko no ronde
edit haha i'm awesome at typing today
Fat chance, stanski refuses to play Senko with me. :(
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Change air Blade is awesome if you can drink with your mate. I had a few sessions years ago and at some point we couldn't finish a round properly, since the balance is so bad. Exceptional game :lol:

Also, there are few SFX ripped from Garegga (mostly bosses).
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
stanski

Post by stanski »

For those that say dodging patterns is easy: using double boss attacks (staying between 2 boss attack zones [there are 3 zones that send out 3 different boss attacks depending on where you are located]) makes it impossible to dodge. You have to bomb. The only hope for the bottom are a few overpowered attacks that are relatively easy to avoid if you aren't retarded.

And I would play senko with you enhasa if i didn't suck balls at the game and had a connection to xbox live (i don't have a 360, i own the game but use my friends 360 to play the few random times we've played).

TSS has ridiculous shit like having 6 furry puff balls bouncing down on you while a boss is attacking and 10 fireballs are on screen. Beat that! (and it has young lesbian fairy's, how can you beat that).
mikwuyma

Post by mikwuyma »

stanski wrote:For those that say dodging patterns is easy: using double boss attacks (staying between 2 boss attack zones [there are 3 zones that send out 3 different boss attacks depending on where you are located]) makes it impossible to dodge. You have to bomb. The only hope for the bottom are a few overpowered attacks that are relatively easy to avoid if you aren't retarded.

And I would play senko with you enhasa if i didn't suck balls at the game and had a connection to xbox live (i don't have a 360, i own the game but use my friends 360 to play the few random times we've played).

TSS has ridiculous shit like having 6 furry puff balls bouncing down on you while a boss is attacking and 10 fireballs are on screen. Beat that! (and it has young lesbian fairy's, how can you beat that).
Damn straight, stanski. Also, Enhasa is right, the first post does a perfect job of explaining this game :x

BTW, to perform double boss attacks, you simply mash two buttons alternately. You will perform two boss attacks at once. And yes, this is as broken as it sounds :(

For people who want to sample some Change Air Blade BS.

Pick Alpha Blade (top, second from left), get boss, then press c, then a (or maybe it's the other way around). You'll fire jet thrusters while firing a spread of bullets that corners the opponent to the side of the screen. If used correctly, this pattern is literally impossible to dodge (the thrusters can't be bombed through IIRC).

Pick Galeria (bottom left) in power mode (press c while a round is starting). Get up to max power, then hold the fire button. Yes, that's it. You will fire a nonstop stream of machine gun fire that will chase after your opponent. This attack cannot be dodged unless if you bomb. For extra fun, use some level 1 and 2 attacks to be a bastard.

Play TSS instead, it's ridiculous without being broken. Your weapons range from food items to giant dragons. Also, you can send tons of blazing fast shit at once, and you can use any character and win, and winning is based on shmup skills like dodging! Who would have thought dodging would be important for a versus shmup.

Also, how is this for ridiculous :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-G7wMMYxNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOETkn6i7I8

Stanski forgot to mention the pencil-wielding lesbians in miniskirts who throw dolls at you. Yes, that's right, you get double the lesbian in one game! That's 4 more lesbians than CAB!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1231091 (yeah you need a nicovideo account)
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Randorama wrote:Change air Blade is awesome if you can drink with your mate.
That sounds like it would work. I should try that with Acceleration of Suguri. Actually CAB is even worse than that game, lol.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Twinkle Star Sprites is pretty awesome but everyone I know just wants to play Phantasmagoria of Flower View instead :( I actually prefer FMV, but I wouldn't mind a change every now and again.

It's a shame the Ketsui DS 2player mode is a simple score rush. I was hoping for some Cave style PVP frolics :(:(
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

in TSS you just stare at the opponents screen the entire time

otherwise u get killed lol

I figured it out while playing sik yesterday
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

shoe-sama wrote:I figured it out while playing sik yesterday
You were still getting killed :D
stanski

Post by stanski »

play me in TSS :-D