RQ: Triggerheart Technique?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ilike2game

RQ: Triggerheart Technique?

Post by ilike2game »

I am having trouble trying to beat Triggerheart on XBLA without credit feeding so apart from trying to memorize patterns, any other strategies? I try to keep my eye on my ship and maneuver around the bullets near me but sometimes it gets overwhelming
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

as far as dodging bullets goes, make sure you know exactly where your hitbox is. if you're not sure, throw out your anchor and hold down the anchor button. you'll see a little spinning dot appear on your ship. that is the only spot where you will take damage from.

also, i find it helps to know where and when to anchor and then launch a ship. you can take out a lot of groups of ships before they can fill the screen with bullets with one well placed throw. also, the larger ships that appear can be used to your advantage. they take longer to capture (requiring good dodging abilities) but once you have them spinning, you can let them take out approaching enemies and their bullets for quite a while.

if you can get one, i'd recommend getting a decent arcade stick. the hori ex2 stick modded with sanwa parts (or a custom 360 stick) would be my recommendation. i find personally that this game plays better with an 8-way joystick than it does with an analog stick.

and, purely for scoring, when you are spinning an anchored ship around make sure you hold down the shoot button while you are destroying enemy bullets. this way the gold just hangs in the air and has a few seconds to mature, rather than just getting sucked in as +1's.
ilike2game

Post by ilike2game »

alright cool, thanks for the advice
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

brokenhalo wrote:as far as dodging bullets goes, make sure you know exactly where your hitbox is. if you're not sure, throw out your anchor and hold down the anchor button. you'll see a little spinning dot appear on your ship. that is the only spot where you will take damage from.
Oh man, thank you so much. I've been wondering exactly where the hitbox is, and this is going to make the game so much easier.