UK ps2 running jap games (esp psikyo vol 3 pack)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Guardians Knight

UK ps2 running jap games (esp psikyo vol 3 pack)

Post by Guardians Knight »

I just got psikyo vol 3 shooting pack and have so far not been able to get it to run in colour - only black and white on my chipped UK ps2

Has anyone else had this problem with this pack specifically? I've got a few jap ps2 games and have so far all worked fine - ESP galuda, DDP etc. The way i got those to work in colour was to use an old ps1 scart lead, but this doesnt seem to work with the psikyo pack.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

update: no imports work in colour anymore i guess i need to eliminate whether my chip has gone wobbley or whether it's my old scart lead.
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

Check the settings of your PS2 and/or get a new RGB scart lead.
Guardians Knight

settings? what do you mean?
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

If you have configured your PS2 to output the wrong signal it won't matter what type of cable you use.

But it's most likely your cable that needs replacing. If the games run they'll run correctly. The chip has no influence on much of anything else.
Guardians Knight

ahh i see what you mean. I guess the cable is old.

Altho the machine as started to jump on some dvds so maybe im best taking it into the shop for a check up
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

same with my ps1 and imports. they were all black and white until i replaced the scart with an rgb and now it works fine. i would imagine that's your problem
Guardians Knight

cheers mate,

is there a specific rgb i should buy? I remember buying an expensive gold scart lead which did not work, so if you can point me in the direction of a one that works that would be great?

DAMN sony and their stupid fucking machine that doesnt play 60hz as standard - the dc has no problem adjusting to your tv without all this hastle. wankers the lot of them!
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

well i'm afriad it's a little vague but i have one of the enclosed leads that has seperate stereo output for use on my headphones. other than that i can't be any more specific as i'm really not sure. i'm pretty sure that if you get one of the rgb leads ordered off lik-sang, etc, they would work without a problem. i'll look into it when i can get access to my scart lead (later today) to see if it has a sp[ecific make or model number