RQ: Senko No Ronde Character info

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
moonwhistle

RQ: Senko No Ronde Character info

Post by moonwhistle »

I really enjoyed the strategy guide for the game here but now I'm keen to find out more about the individual characters and their various weapons, techniques and bosses.

There's got to be loads of depth so analysis would be very interesting. Can't seem to find any character info beyond the really simple and useless crap on gamefaqs.

I've only started playing the game and I'm loving it so far. I pretty much use Fabian the Fastman for his quick dashing but his boss form really seems like a load of crap compared to the others.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Hello, what would you like to know exactly? There is indeed loads of depth but it's a lot easier for you to pick it up by just playing as opposed to reading about it. Now is also a good time to start playing because of the recent patch. You won't have to relearn anything. Keep in mind that since this is a vs game, any evaluations aren't really set in stone. A lot of it depends on the metagame, so you have to play and find out yourself.

Join!

If you have been to gamefaqs, there are some terrible posts as well as some good threads (naturally I am partial to this one).

The character balance was honestly pretty good before (they are all varied and playable), but with the patch, even better. You are right, a key strength of Fabian is his best speed, which you can use to hit and run. His subweapon is quite good and can chain hits, and his melee is the fastest (extremely important, think priority). His biggest weakness by far is being awful vs and in boss mode (not worst in either though, so you don't get the wrong idea). Fabian A's final boss is amazing though if you spam Y (unless they know how to dodge it, but almost nobody can). Of course the problem is your opponent will know this and not let you go down to vanish and use it, which is an incredible liability.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
moonwhistle

Post by moonwhistle »

Thanks alot for the info. Pardon my ignorance but can I get the patch without having an xbox live subscription, if so, how do I get it?

I checked out the thread you linked and found the character info very helpful, thanks!
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

The only way to get it is through Live, sorry. It patches automatically when you start up, just like a Blizzard game. Is it a connection problem? Because you can download patches and buy games and everything with Live Silver, which is free. Also, you can get a total of 3 months of free Live Gold (which lets you play against other people) with each console. If you buy a year's subscription (don't need a credit card either, you can buy a prepaid card in a gaming store) it costs under $4 a month.

Since this is a vs game, if you like it at all, you should really get on Live because playing human opponents makes the game 10 times better. Or maybe you are already playing with friends locally. Failing all of that, back when I was playing it, I found the score attack mode to be strangely addicting. Of course, you need Live to join the online leaderboards, and any game with online leaderboards usually doesn't have a corresponding high score thread here.

Just remembered, here is a slightly older thread where I put some stuff down on how to play score attack for points.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/