Kansas City meet #2 anyone?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
stuminator

Kansas City meet #2 anyone?

Post by stuminator »

Anybody up for another meet in Kansas City? Some Saturday in March, maybe the 15, 22, or 29? I'd be willing to host again. No cabs for me yet, but for those of you who came last summer, I've got a new place with plenty more room so it won't be quite so cramped as last time. Of course, if someone else with some cabs wants to host, you're more than welcome to do so... 8)
szycag

Post by szycag »

You should get this cab for the meet :O
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/574344529.html

It'd be a hori though, so maybe not.
That is Galactic Dancing
szycag

Post by szycag »

*cricket*

maybe we should just go to moberly and see gunbird's egret?
That is Galactic Dancing
Aleanil

Post by Aleanil »

Oops... guess I should check this forum more often. I'm up for a meet. KC is fine, any further and you'd probably have to count me out.

If there's sufficient interest, it may be possible to hold a meet here in Manhattan, as I have a hori cab (Mars Matrix / R-Type) and a couple tvs and monitors suitable for shmupping. No egret though :(
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Sorry, boys. Just now thought to check up on this thread! :oops:

Did you get together at all?

I should host something late spring or early summer. But the drive is going to kill ya! Hey, wait, I didn't have a problem driving down to KC. :P

Anyways, I would probably have to borrow every single one of oxtsu's pcbs to have any type of variety. I think he would have a problem with that.

My meager list:

Progear
Tatsujin Oh!
Viper Phase 1
Raiden Fighters
Gunbird (duh!)
Aero Fighters

Non Shmup:

Metal Slug X
Samurai Showdown II

I'll see if I can get a date on the calendar and then we can discuss. The Egret II is calling you!!!

Thanks!

gunbird18
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

We were going to get together at Aleanil's place a couple of weeks ago, but his wife was pretty sick and I was recovering from the flu, so we scrapped it.

You're in mid-Missouri, right? Maybe some of the St. Louisans here would be interested in bringing some PCBs... 8)
Aleanil

Post by Aleanil »

Yeah, would have been a nice little get-together... but my wife needed surgery, and so now I'm in Singapore.

Need to look around a bit and see if I can locate any arcades with shmups - being this close to Japan, there's a lot of Japanese stuff here already. Still around a dozen operating arcades too!
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

A dozen arcades? I bet you couldn't find a dozen arcades in Kansas and Missouri combined! :cry:

Stu: Yeah, I bet we could snag a few STL board members and try to have a decent meet. I bet caldwert has a few pcbs, since I just sold him my Vasara pcb.

I will keep you guys updated.
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa