Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman) PS1 (2002) by Warashi

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
professor ganson

Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman) PS1 (2002) by Warashi

Post by professor ganson »

I know this is a shmup, but I never see it discussed here. I like Warashi (who developed Shienryu), so I'm curious: Does anyone know anything about it? Anyone played it?
postman

Post by postman »

I have it- played through it once and haven't touched it since. From what I remember, it was very easy and not very remarkable. Weak graphics and bosses, and easy bullet patterns.
Don't just dodge bullets, dance around them.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Supposedly it's got a bunch of anime cutscenes and such though...or am I thinking of Geppy X?
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

i dont recall that game havin anime cut scenes or sh!t ... and yes, for me, tht game was CRAP... played it one, 1CC-ed and dumped it. ... nothing remarcable on that game.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Can't elaborate much more than what's been said, it's about as mediocre as Shienryu/Geki-oh is.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

Any links with pics?
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

postman wrote:I have it- played through it once and haven't touched it since. From what I remember, it was very easy and not very remarkable. Weak graphics and bosses, and easy bullet patterns.
same for me, also don't trust screenshots on this one, it looks much more enticing in stills. i would not even get it for 5$. i only played it once but i think i remember many thing were reused from one stage to another, from the weak music to the pale graphisms. it was also ridiculously easy, and not even in a good way like star parodia, just plain boring.
many freewares look more professional than this one.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

I guess if you want Tatsunoko anime inspired shootemups, you should really look for Bokan to Ippatsu and Bokandesuyoo.

Overlooked and underrated.
X - P - B