RQ: Airrade -AIR- extras

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Cromarty

RQ: Airrade -AIR- extras

Post by Cromarty »

Does anyone know the specifics of unlocking characters and such for this game? So far, because I'm still bad at it, I've cleared the game on easy with Misuzu and Minagi. After the first clear (Misuzu) I unlocked Haruko, then somewhere after the second clear, Summer mode showed up on the main menu.
Edit: cleared easy with Kano, unlocked Hijiri and boss attack. Hmm..

From the old hi score topic-
Icarus wrote:Characters are unlocked by clearing the game with other characters. For example, to unlock Hijiri (Kano's older sister), complete the game with Kano. Likewise, to unlock Yukito, clear the game with Misuzu. To unlock Michiru, clear with Minagi. Other secret characters are unlocked in a similar fashion. (Winged Misuzu rocks!)

As for game modes and options, they are unlocked on a time played and games cleared basis.
Didn't say anything about the difficulty, so either easy mode unlocks nothing that game clears don't already do, or unlocks vary by difficulty as well.

Also, how is Summer different from the normal game, other than fewer hearts per life and revenge bullets from enemies killed with shot? [Edit: no extends ever!? Wow.]
Last edited by Cromarty on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your party has been waylaid by monsters.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Difficulty just affects potental scoring. If you were so inclined you can clear the game on Easy with every possible character. The soundtrack seems to suggest hidden or alternate stages, though.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Cromarty

Post by Cromarty »

Okay, that's good to know.

At the moment I've just finished clearing easy mode with all the characters I have, so - twice for Misuzu and Minagi, once each for Kano, Haruko, and Hijiri.. and nothing more has unlocked.
Guess I'll try Summer next.

Edit: I found something.
http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=6857
Eltegantis, on VisualNews Gemot forum wrote:General non-spoiler advice: be sure you've got the latest patch, set the difficulty to easy and start beating the main game with everyone you've got. When a new mode pops up, try clearing that too if it's feasible with every character you have, whether you've already unlocked someone through them or not. If someone doesn't seem to yield anyone right away, turn the difficulty up and try it again. And don't waste your time looking for Michiru because she's not in there yet as of writing; there'll be a patch later. [Post didn't give a version number.]

More specific details [were rot13'd in original post]:

Game Modes
Summer Mode - beat the normal game with anyone, any difficulty [confirmed]
Boss Attack Mode - beat the normal game with all three starting characters, any difficulty

Characters
Haruko - beat the normal game with Misuzu, any difficulty
HimaHima Dr.K [Hijiri] - beat the normal game with Kano, any difficulty
Naked Misuzu in a Tin Can [Wing Misuzu] - beat boss attack mode with Misuzu, any difficulty
Insane Kano - beat boss attack mode with Kano, any difficulty
Keisuke - beat the normal game with Haruko, normal difficulty or higher (unconfirmed)
Shiraho - beat the normal game with Hijiri, normal difficulty or higher [confirmed]
I've also heard specific mention of Kanna and Yukito being in the current version, but I don't know how to unlock them. Summer mode would be a good place to start; at the very least, it'll take you a while... ;)

Miscellany
Extra Stage - beat the game in normal mode with an S rank on all stages (unconfirmed)
http://romancancel.blogspot.com/2005/11 ... e-air.html
Summer mode alone takes approximately 1 hour and 18 minutes to get through, and this is with no heals and only 9 hits before game over.
Yes I used a trainer to get through summer mode, and that's why I have Kanna and Yao Bikuni =D
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/studio-s ... akushi.htm
ゲームの内容を著しく害する場合があります。
自己責任でお願い致します。
範囲を選択して見てください。
2タイプあります。
無敵コマンド
TADAMOUHITORINOJIBUNGAIRUKIGASITE
TADAMOUHITORINOJIBUNGAIRUKIGASHITE
隠しキャラ出現
ZENKYARASIYOUSITEMOIINODAYO
ZENKYARASHIYOUSHITEMOIINODAYO
The above, per babelfish:
There are times when contents of the game are harmed considerably.
We ask on self responsibility.
Selecting the range, please see.
There are 2 types.
Invincible command
TADAMOUHITORINOJIBUNGAIRUKIGASITE
TADAMOUHITORINOJIBUNGAIRUKIGASHITE
Hiding キャラ appearance
ZENKYARASIYOUSITEMOIINODAYO
ZENKYARASHIYOUSHITEMOIINODAYO
Edit again:
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index. ... hl=airrade
Codes are activated by typing them on the "press start" screen - in the case of the character unlocking one, I started before the screen completely displayed to avoid leaving it (z being the start key) and it worked fine - unlocked Keisuke, Shiraho, Kanna, and Yaobikuni.
Doesn't seem to be reversible.
Still leaves a ton of "no character" places on the select screen to figure out. :?
Your party has been waylaid by monsters.