shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:57 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14741
Location: Chicago
I popped into Shibuya Gigo tonight to see if any old VF4 buddies were there (they were). I did play a credit of Exeal though. As expected, it's ugly as shit. There are doujin games that look better than this. Pretty simple scoring system. Use your shot for no score, use your charge attack to get a total of x16 points (x2 for each enemy you hit). It also comes with "Shmup Skill Test" or whatever, where you do all sorts of gay shit to see how good you are (shoot little capsules and make them go into a basket).
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:14 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2006
Posts: 496
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
GaijinPunch wrote:
I popped into Shibuya Gigo tonight to see if any old VF4 buddies were there (they were). I did play a credit of Exeal though. As expected, it's ugly as shit. There are doujin games that look better than this. Pretty simple scoring system. Use your shot for no score, use your charge attack to get a total of x16 points (x2 for each enemy you hit). It also comes with "Shmup Skill Test" or whatever, where you do all sorts of gay shit to see how good you are (shoot little capsules and make them go into a basket).


I'm now bummed out! I actually was hoping for something more, as I really liked Trizeal. Is it still just one guy doing all the dev for triangle service?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:24 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 954
Location: Australia
hermosaguy wrote:
I'm now bummed out! I actually was hoping for something more, as I really liked Trizeal. Is it still just one guy doing all the dev for triangle service?


You were expecting more from Triangle Service?
_________________
Image
EIGHT FORCES STRATEGY GUIDE AND DATA COLLECTION


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 5013
NAOTO, Wasi303, and Go Satou did the OST for Shmups Skill Test. Amusing bits, and I'd like to play that much more than the other game.
_________________
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:35 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14741
Location: Chicago
As it is pretty much a mini game, there's at least some excuse for it being so bland. Exzeal is a slap in the face.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:40 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 219
This is getting ported to Xbox360 according to soutahouse http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/20080213/
Quote:
XBOX360「エクスジール&シューティング技能検定」


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:41 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 1945
Location: Ukraine; Yalta
hirounder wrote:
This is getting ported to Xbox360 according to soutahouse http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/20080213/
Quote:
XBOX360「エクスジール&シューティング技能検定」

:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
Caravan\Time Attack list


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 41
they should start porting shooters to PS3 ;)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 3273
Location: Phoenix
Sorry if this is a double post. Exzeal video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5-VgjPWoK8

-ud
_________________
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:34 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 219
Small article about 360 port came out in this week's Famitsu.
Game's now called Shooting Love 200X and has release date sometime in 2009.

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:30 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 219
So, nobody cares about this... :D but here's slightly bigger scan from Famitsu Xbox anyway. Trizeal Remix is included in the package.

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3240
Location: Huntsville, AL
hirounder wrote:
So, nobody cares about this... :D but here's slightly bigger scan from Famitsu Xbox anyway. Trizeal Remix is included in the package.

Image




Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!


The steady stream of 360 shmupping is a beautiful thing. :D
_________________
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:16 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2006
Posts: 775
Sorry for asking, but will the Shooting Love 200x be download only or will it be released on disc?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3240
Location: Huntsville, AL
Disc I imagine.
_________________
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 3227
Location: Hawaii
It's a confirmed disc release that will be bundled with a superplay DVD.
_________________
http://www.cave-stg.com


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:48 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2006
Posts: 775
Anyone know what's been 'remixed' in Trizeal? The internet hardly has any info on this title.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 219
According to Famitsu, release date is Feb 19th

XBOX360「シューティングラブ。200X」2月19日


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 271
So also Trizeal is coming to the X360? Is an upgraded version or as it was?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 475
Location: UK
This is beginning to look pretty good:

http://www.triangleservice.co.jp/html/slove200x/

-Shmups Skill Test
-Exzeal
-Trizeal Remix
-Minus Zero
-Superplay DVD2


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 646
Location: London
What's Minus Zero? Never heard of that before...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 219
Rupert H wrote:
What's Minus Zero? Never heard of that before...

Maybe another mini-game thing.
Anyway game will be playable at this weekend's Gamefesta in Osaka.
And official blog started aswell http://www.triangleservice.co.jp/lovelog/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 1945
Location: Ukraine; Yalta
Rupert H wrote:
What's Minus Zero? Never heard of that before...

it must be a OST or something like it. At least i hope for it :D
_________________
Caravan\Time Attack list


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:02 am 



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 349
Game is now available for preorder on Amazon.jp


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:28 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 6679
Location: Casino Arcade (RIP), UK.
So it's out Feb 19th 2009.

Am I right that Shmup Skills Test is the same thing as Shooting Love 2007?
_________________
Image
My Hi-Scores | My 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3791
Minus Zero is an abstract lock-on shooter... kinda looks like Kenta Cho's stuff.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:42 am 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 927
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
magic box has some "latest console game review scores from Japan:"
Quote:
# DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label Extra (Xbox 360, 5pb): 8, 7, 6, 6 - (27/40)

# Shooting Love, 200X (Xbox 360, Triangle Service): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)


Triangle Service beating out Cave?!
just as I've always thought.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 898
That makes perfect sense given how Famitsu operates. Despite western misconceptions about Japanese gamers, they actually tend to be a lot more casual. Even more so than western mags if possible, difficulty is almost always a strict negative and brings the rating down. Asians tend to value accessibility rather than independence or counter-culture (i.e. cult games). People think Famitsu is in love with RPGs for some androgynous character or plot reason, but the extremely low difficulty (given the ability to level) is almost entirely it.

If it hasn't been rated already (it may have since I don't follow gaming news at all), Death Smiles will be rated tons higher than DOJ. It's way way easier plus it has lolis. And I don't mean that in a pedo way, I mean that it will be considered to be fun and playful and generally being a game that tries to make people happy as opposed to frustrate.
_________________
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:01 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3099
Location: Latis / Netherlands
Enhasa wrote:
That makes perfect sense given how Famitsu operates. Despite western misconceptions about Japanese gamers, they actually tend to be a lot more casual. Even more so than western mags if possible, difficulty is almost always a strict negative and brings the rating down. Asians tend to value accessibility rather than independence or counter-culture (i.e. cult games). People think Famitsu is in love with RPGs for some androgynous character or plot reason, but the extremely low difficulty (given the ability to level) is almost entirely it.

If it hasn't been rated already (it may have since I don't follow gaming news at all), Death Smiles will be rated tons higher than DOJ. It's way way easier plus it has lolis. And I don't mean that in a pedo way, I mean that it will be considered to be fun and playful and generally being a game that tries to make people happy as opposed to frustrate.


Maybe Shooting Love 200X IS a better game!?
Seemed more fun to me, though never played any of them.

Surely Cave can fuck up once in a while, while Triangle S. can outdo themselves sometimes.

I do know that if given a choice, I'd pick Triangle's effort over DDP today.
I love DOJ, but don't see the need for this.
_________________
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1773
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.
Koa Zo wrote:
Quote:
# DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label Extra (Xbox 360, 5pb): 8, 7, 6, 6 - (27/40)

# Shooting Love, 200X (Xbox 360, Triangle Service): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)


Triangle Service beating out Cave?!


Congrats to Triangle Service. Although review scores for shmups are generally meaningless, being favored by Famitsu should help their sales somewhat in these hard financial times. Now if only TS would do their fans a favor and port SL200X to a system that doesn't suffer frequent random hardware failures...
_________________
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 pm 



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 349
Thunder Force wrote:
Now if only TS would do their fans a favor and port SL200X to a system that doesn't suffer frequent random hardware failures...


...which is no longer an issue with newer systems and can be fixed for free if you do happen to have an older one..


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Skeleton, Google [Bot], StudioMudprints and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group