Show them if you've got them - Candy cabs

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Show them if you've got them - Candy cabs

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Finally installed my AWSD recently. Here it is in all its glory. Courtesy of Killers cabs (Mr Megalo).

I'm having a little problem with it though, everytime I switch it off and on the vertical sync goes slightly out and needs readjusting.

So come on, lets get some pics up. Lets see the creme-da-le-creme of all set ups.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

scrape the stickers off the bezel mate ;)

here are my candies:

i also have svid out on the one on the far left for running whatevers being played on an extrenal monitor aswell, pretty damn cool if i may say so myslef :)

the one in the middles fitted with a toshiba trisynch monitor btw, not the original astro monitor, no bezel on it yet as the original doesnt fit..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

I currently only have a Naomi Uni, I sold the Pony II just after Xmas but that paid for the Atomiswave SD which I should be taking delivery of very soon :D

Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

These are kinda old. I have 2 Hyper Neo's floating around (pretty much same as Super Neos), the 2 Super Neos are gone and replaced with 2 more Egret 2s... and those stupid ass big red cabs are still waiting on more parts to be complete.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

[edit] videos removed
Last edited by oxtsu on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

Wow you guys have some aewsome looking set ups.
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

New Astro City courtesy of Ramus. I got it at an awesome price (which I probably shouldn't say :P ), and I was able to sell my supergun to get about half the $$$ back.

BIG sold me the PS2/DC -> JAMMA thingy. It was more than I was willing to pay at the time, but I'm glad I did. I just wish I knew how to fix my Dreamcasts, though...
elvis

Post by elvis »

Only one candy at the moment. It's a "Megalo City" - Chinese knockoff of the "Sega New Versus City" cabinets.

The place that sells them here also sells "Super LS Sound 29" cabinets where are "Super Neo 29" knockoffs but at half the price and with brand new tubes and chassis. Money is tight at the moment, but I'd love one for a permanent vertical setup. Currently the candy I do have is in permanent horizontal setup, and vertical games get played on an old TV converted with an arcade monitor chassis in the background of that picture above.
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

califoreigner wrote:Image
Canary time!
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Sven and Oxtsu are tied in "most sinister cab shot" category :D
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

omg sven666 when do you host a shmupmeet ? ^^
Dale

Post by Dale »

freddiebamboo wrote:Sven and Oxtsu are tied in "most sinister cab shot" category :D
I don't know, those read overhead lights and Cord's hanging from the ceiling are pretty intimidating. :wink:
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

Cabinet crazy bastards, im so jealous, haha! Very nice cabs you guys got there. Enjoy!
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

elvis wrote:Only one candy at the moment. It's a "Megalo City" - Chinese knockoff of the "Sega New Versus City" cabinets.
Can you take any more closer pics of this cab. I'm very interested. Also did you have this shipped from China?
zap

Post by zap »

Super LS, tri-sync screen, Dreamcast hooked up simply with a VGA-box.

SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Interesting. Which monitor did you fit?
sven666

Post by sven666 »

PROMETHEUS wrote:omg sven666 when do you host a shmupmeet ? ^^
i just hosted one a couple of weeks back :P

London meet is next but maybe there will be another in spring, ill announce it well in time whenever ive decided :)

ed> superpang id guess the monitor is a hantarex, only ones i know of the make new trisynch screens in this part of the world that arent flat.
now show of your cabs, love the aerotables! ;)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Triple Lei wrote:Image

New Astro City courtesy of Ramus. I got it at an awesome price (which I probably shouldn't say :P ), and I was able to sell my supergun to get about half the $$$ back.

BIG sold me the PS2/DC -> JAMMA thingy. It was more than I was willing to pay at the time, but I'm glad I did. I just wish I knew how to fix my Dreamcasts, though...
We need these console/jamma thingies mass produced. Does anyone make a plug n play device for this purpose? I want one but i'm not prepared to unjamma-ise my cabinet.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
zap

Post by zap »

Yep, a Hantarex. I'd really like a better cab though, the buttons are shit (29mm, never seen that size so can't really replace them) and the marquee is very disgusting.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Teh Cave tablee!!!11

overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

That table is awesome! What kind of cab is it?
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
Radiant

Post by Radiant »

Aero table in awesome condition :)
Last edited by Radiant on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

SuperPang wrote:Image
:shock: OMG that is sweet! Was that the one Mr Megalo restored and sold? Is that a speaker pod on the right?
Radiant

Post by Radiant »

3 in my game room

ImageImage
2 in the cellar
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

neorichieb1971 wrote: We need these console/jamma thingies mass produced. Does anyone make a plug n play device for this purpose? I want one but i'm not prepared to unjamma-ise my cabinet.
If you know what you're doing, you might be able to make one with this page:

http://chrisevans3d.com/hardware/cabinet.htm

That little black box looks similar to mine, but I think I can only use my cab's three buttons for Square / X / Circle. That guy looks like he was able to use all the buttons of his console controllers with his cab...
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Triple Lei wrote:
If you know what you're doing, you might be able to make one with this page:

http://chrisevans3d.com/hardware/cabinet.htm

That little black box looks similar to mine, but I think I can only use my cab's three buttons for Square / X / Circle. That guy looks like he was able to use all the buttons of his console controllers with his cab...
It doesn't route the RGB video through the Jamma connector. His cab uses a 19 inch TV with composite input. :roll:
elvis

Post by elvis »

Dave_K. wrote:Can you take any more closer pics of this cab. I'm very interested. Also did you have this shipped from China?
I've got some closeup shots lying around. I'll either try to dig those up, or take some more for you next weekend.

I helped a local retailer called GameDude Arcades import them direct from the factory in China where they are made.
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/

You can find dozens of these sorts of factories on alibaba.com and madeinchina.com. Search for generic terms like "arcade cabinet" or "arcade pushbutton" and you'll turn up at last a few hits.

I'm surprised there's not more trade of these in the US to be honest. Here in Australia they're very popular for home users who want a semi-authentic cabinet at home, but don't want to pay insane prices for second-hand gear. Getting Chinese made stuff that's brand new for half the price of a 5-year-old ex-service Japanese cab seems to be a fine compromise for most.
Last edited by elvis on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
zakk

Post by zakk »

A few years ago someone was trying to arrange a shipment of the chinese cabs without monitors; so they'd come flat-backed and unassembled for really cheap. I think it fell through.

If I could source something like that, I'd buy a few of them and then worry about getting monitors locally. A cheap way to increase the playable cab count in the house.
mastercello

Post by mastercello »

My Candy Cab setup... :)