Mushi soundtrack announced

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

http://www.mintjam.net/mushihime.htm

Doujin arranged soundtrack, 7 tracks. 30 sec. samples here already sound good. To be released on Apr. 24 at Comic Revolution37.
hikarutilmitt

Post by hikarutilmitt »

Holy crap, I'm glad I decided to fork over the $80 for the CD+Figure set early. I just hope they don't have any issues with the shipments themselves.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thunder Force wrote:*looks at Ketsui review link*
WTF.
Either the reviewer doesn't like shmups, doesn't understand shmups or doesn't like Cave. Whatever. Never did read much of Insert Credit's stuff anyway (they seem to post a lot about H-games lately)...
hikarutilmitt wrote:Holy crap, I'm glad I decided to fork over the $80 for the CD+Figure set early. I just hope they don't have any issues with the shipments themselves.
Fingers crossed (that by the start of next week we'll have some good news from Cocoebiz)...
uwfan

Post by uwfan »

i remember reading that review when it first came out....... its a load of bullshit, the guy doesnt know what hes talking about.
"It could be that my view on the absurdness of this story is not objective and you don't think it to be unusual at all but I can't help being impressed by this chain of events."
hikarutilmitt

Post by hikarutilmitt »

Icarus wrote:
hikarutilmitt wrote:Holy crap, I'm glad I decided to fork over the $80 for the CD+Figure set early. I just hope they don't have any issues with the shipments themselves.
Fingers crossed (that by the start of next week we'll have some good news from Cocoebiz)...
Yeah, the confirmation e-mail they sent once I paid said they'll announce the shipping date soon, so I'm assuming they'll e-mail everyone once they get it in their hands or something. Are they usually pretty quick to send stuff out?

Side note, did anyone else get the pre-invoice email and have it say the shipping was only 1250 yen and not 1860? That and them claiming the exchange rate was 103 or whatever when I saw 107 on a daily updated exchange site.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Cocoebiz is usually very fast to ship out stuff depending on what shipping method you requested your item(s) to be sent out with. Usually you have to wait a few extra days after the release date (so they can get their hands on stock and then send it out) but if you're patient, then at least a week after release should be likely.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

velocity7 wrote:http://www.mintjam.net/mushihime.htm

Doujin arranged soundtrack, 7 tracks. 30 sec. samples here already sound good. To be released on Apr. 24 at Comic Revolution37.
Excellent samples, velocity7. Too bad Stage 2 and 3 music was ruined by making the chord progressions more generic for ...Rock... :?

Well... I really like the uniqueness on stage 4 and 5.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

Where can order that mintjam cd, any site that ships out of japan?
hikarutilmitt

Post by hikarutilmitt »

Icarus wrote:Cocoebiz is usually very fast to ship out stuff depending on what shipping method you requested your item(s) to be sent out with. Usually you have to wait a few extra days after the release date (so they can get their hands on stock and then send it out) but if you're patient, then at least a week after release should be likely.
Cool. I ordered it with EMS since going cheaper would only have saved like $1. So, since the CD is released in Japan in a week, would it be safe to assume it'll be here in Texas maybe that Friday or Saturday?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

velocity7 wrote:http://www.mintjam.net/mushihime.htm

So how can I get one? Anyone in Japan going to this?
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

just got mine today. manabu does it again.

the figurine is pretty cool. i'm gonna keep it boxed up and sell it in a year or two to all the suckers on ebay.
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

Stormowl wrote:just got mine today. manabu does it again.

the figurine is pretty cool. i'm gonna keep it boxed up and sell it in a year or two to all the suckers on ebay.
Actually, Manabu wasn't alone on this, Masaharu Iwata and Hitoshi Sakimoto worked on some portions as well.

Iwata I could understand, but Sakimoto? Man, I don't even find his style in the entire OST, the only song that sounds REMOTELY in his style is track (17.) Walking on the Land of Flame / Stage3 (Arranged)

EDIT: Ayako Saso worked on TRACK 17, Hitoshi Sakimoto worked on TRACK 14.

Namiki, and Iwata worked on the original soundtrack.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
Neon

Post by Neon »

$60 for an OST? That includes the PS2 game too right? Wink
Fatties and all :P

Is the soundtrack going to be available in a few weeks? I'm quite broke but as I downloaded it I'd like to buy it when I get some cash.
hikarutilmitt

Post by hikarutilmitt »

Apparently the entire first shipment sold out already and they're making another print in May (the 20th, IIRC). It'll still have the figure, though I kinda wish for those with less cash that they'd release it a CD-only version, as well. I got my set today, but it'd suck to only be able to afford the CD and have them only sell the higher-priced set.

The figure is bliss.