Anyone upload shmup replay vids to a PSP memory card?...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PC Engine Fan X!

Anyone upload shmup replay vids to a PSP memory card?...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I got a U.S. PSP recently and was impressed by the PSP being able to play FMV video clips. I just uploaded an old 1996 Wipeout 2097 MOV. clip to a 256MB Memory Stick Duo Pro and was amazed at how it looks on the PSP's 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen LCD.

I should check & see how my DVD-R Ketsui & ESPrade Super Replays look like when uploaded to a PSP memory card (considering they are presented in true "TATE" mode anyways). ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I did, it was the first thing I put on mine :)

415's stage 5 ultra mode of Mushi.
PC Engine Fan X!

I uploaded the DVD-R Ketsui to my PSP...looks awesome!

Here's what I used to upload my DVD-R copy of the famous Cave shmup PCB, Ketsui -- it really does look nice presented in true "TATE" mode on the PSP widescreen LCD, however, it doesn't run at a true 30 frames per second, it is more like 15-20 frames per second which is good enough to view in it's entirety:

1.) I used DVD Shrink 3.2v to compress the approxiamately 30 minutes in length of my DVD-R Ketsui Super Replay down to to 50% of it's original size of 1,024MB file into a tightly workable file of 161MB on my PSP Memory Stick Duo Pro 256MB card.

2.) I used Datel's PSP Media Max Manager to compress the DVD Shrink 3.2 compressed file of Ketsui into the 161MB file for playing on the PSP.

3.) The entire Ketsui super replay vid is broken down into two seperate parts -- part 1 is 27 minutes & 25 seconds long and part 2 is 2 minutes & 35 seconds long.

4.) It is possible to convert approxiamately 30 minutes of DVD footage into a 161MB file to play on the PSP platform that'll fit within the limitations of a 256MB Memory Stick Duo Pro card. Hence the need to upgrade to a 1.0GB or a 2.0GB Memory Stick Duo Pro card when they become more widely available in stores.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Cool, I like the idea of watching vids on the psp, sure somebody on the internet will fake a vid of themselves playing radiant silvergun in a replay then download it running around screaming ''Oh look treasure released it on psp'' pretending to play it in public or something.
Vidi Vici Veni
PC Engine Fan X!

I got the PSP Ketsui Replay up to running at almost 30 fps!

I went back and used a freeware 3GP video conversion program that can convert VOB. files to run at almost 30 frames per second. So I converted the VOB. file of both parts 1 & 2 of my Ketsui Replay to run at nearly 30 fps on my PSP. Looks alot smoother and nicer...it all depends on which video conversion program you use if you want quasi-30fps playback of your FMV clips to run smoothly on the PSP platform.

Although the real framerate is placed at 60 frames per second for Ketsui running on Jamma hardware, it is still cool nevertheless to see a Ketsui Replay running at 30 fps on a PSP.

So, all together about 196+MB of space is needed on a 256MB Memory Stick Pro Duo card if you decide to convert 30 minutes DVD-R footage using the 3GP convertor program.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~