Superplay Videos Are Back On the Web!!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Leeram

Superplay Videos Are Back On the Web!!

Post by Leeram »

Hi everyone,

Thanks to an amazingly generous offer from snacky the superplay videos are being hosted at www.ikaruga.co.uk.

The videos can be accessed at www.ikaruga.co.uk/videos. The ones I have are in the "shmups" folder.

Now I know that some of you are eager to dive in and leech everything they have with 24*7 downloads but please think twice before you do that. Please act responsibly and don't get these videos banned (again!). This is extremely generous of them so please respect that.

On my FTP everyone sticks faithfully to the 100Mb per day rule without any problem (and without automatic server rules enforcing it) so please use common sense when getting them from www.ikaruga.co.uk too. Take a little at a time, there's no rush.

Have fun everyone!

Cheers

Leeram

PS, my FTP is still online so you can still use that if you prefer and I can still burn them to CD for you if that's easier, see my web site for more details of that.
NoboruWataya

Post by NoboruWataya »

http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files/shmups/

The link in the first post is broken.
snacky

Post by snacky »

I think it's fine if people download a few videos here and there, but I would be bothered if people started mirroring/downloading the entire 10GB archive. So for now, please only download something if you actually plan on watching it in the near future. In any case, so far it looks like there hasn't been much downloading.

You can thank rjpageuk for providing this hosting. On that note, if anyone has any replay videos that need a good home, you might consider dropping me a line.
snacky

Looking for errata!

Post by snacky »

I recently downloaded the file named: JP Guwange (SUPER PLAY) All-renamed.avi

It turns out to be an mpeg1 file renamed as avi. I imagine this confuses some video players. I renamed it with a .mpg extension.

Anyone else know of any other fixable errata in this archive, so I don't have to check out every video myself?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

I am enjoying this, and would enjoy to see the superplay DVDs from DOJ and ESPGaluda up.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I sooo want to see some Radiant Silvergun possibly Vasara and Vasara 2 vids, that'd be great.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
NoboruWataya

Post by NoboruWataya »

Silvergun vids can be found here: http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/RS/
llabnip

Post by llabnip »

Blade wrote:I sooo want to see some Radiant Silvergun possibly Vasara and Vasara 2 vids, that'd be great.
At the site mentioned earlier (http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files/shmups/) there are no fewer than 4 complete Radiant Silvergun videos. The longest of which is 1 hours and 13 minutes start-to-finish. I recommend the 2200 Mil ZAT one as he uses a wider variety of weapons throughout. Download one, sit back and enjoy the brilliance of Radiant Silvergun... and be sure to get yourself a proper translation at: http://www.emuxhaven.net/~silver/Translations.html (click on MAIN STORY). That way you're not missing some of the best backstore in shmups history. My personal favoriates are when the girl operator is watching the ships come up on the radar and she says something like...
"4...8…16…32…They keep increasing!". I love when programmer geekiness spills over into the actual game.

"This world's 11th born son holds silver guns and shoots the souls of the people" (Radiant Silvergun - Translations)
llabnip - DaveB
Once more the light shines brightly in sector 2814.