RQ : Bio-Hazard Battle MD

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
sjewkestheloon

RQ : Bio-Hazard Battle MD

Post by sjewkestheloon »

ok i seem to be able to consistently 1cc it until the 4th stage where i seem to have some random deaths which i know i can avoid with practise, and end on the stage 4 boss and get killed.

if anyone can give some strats for this boss i'd appreciate it. i'm very new to horis and i seem to have trouble manouvering around the fire, crawling blobs and the boss whip at the same time

i am using the top left ship and usually stick to the yellow upgrade for powerfula nd straight shots with occasional use of the blue spread shot.

any help would be greatly appreciated
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

I haven't played it in awhile, and i really can't remember much about the 4th boss :( but just keep trying. practice makes perfect. you'll have that thing beat in no time.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

killed the swine. basically i forgot about the charge shot, and 5-10 blasts with that and he dropped. i can now get to the end of stage 5 in 1cc. i can smell it getting closer...
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

Good job! i played it again recently and 1CC'd it to what i KNOW was going to be the very last boss but i died right before i got to him. i use the red homing laser on the 4th boss (i use it for the rest of the game, too!) and it seemed to get rid of those baddies that were shooting all the bullets at me. you just have to watch out for those and not get too close to the boss and you'll eventually kill him.

It's a fun game, though. i like the last level. lots of bullets on that one!
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i've actually managed to get consistently good enough to get to the last stage on 1c now but the increase in manic bullet dodging and constant spamming of spunge monsters isn't helpfull lol. wasted all my creds trying to practise the stage too so not finished it even....

i will do soon
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

ok i left it too long and i'm starting to suck again....

can anyone give any advice on ship selection? i've been using the first one with the yellow lazer a lot but what does anyone else use?
Rob

Post by Rob »

OK, I just played through it again. Ship selection: I'd go with either the top left or top right. The weapons I switch from are the yellow laser and the red weapons. The red for the upper left is the discs, which clear the final few stages really well in the tight corridors or just bouncing around other enemies. The top right might be better for beginners, since the homing shot clears basically everything and you don't have to worry much about the direction of the pod.

Getting all of the hidden 1ups? There should be one from the 2nd stage onwards.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Ancient thread, I resurrect thee.

I've downloaded Biohazard Battle on my Virtual Console and I enjoy playing it a lot. It's really a nice game, although I think that it would be even better, if you could fix the subweapon pod in position, as I have difficulty aiming the subweapons properly. The only exceptions are the yellow straightforward laser of the first ship and the orange homing laser of the second one.

Currently, I'm using the second ship with the homing laser almost exclusively and, so far, I can get to the stage 5 boss on my first life. The problem is that the homing laser only works well when it is at max power. If I lose a life, I usually lose a bunch of them immediately afterwards. The other weapons of the second ship don't seem to be effective enough.

So, any hints on making it easier to aim the subweapons? I imagine the orange bouncing rings of the first ship to be quite useful in places where the screen is flooded with enemies, so I might consider switching to the first ship.

Btw, where is the bonus 1up in stage 2? I only found the ones in stages 3, 4 and 5.
JoshF

Post by JoshF »

The screen scrolls fast during this section, so it's only possible to get it if you're underneath the rail.
MegaShock! | @ YouTube | Latest Update: Metal Slug No Up Lever No Miss