GD: Pink Sweets ~Ibara Sore-kara~

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Dave_K. wrote:Kiken, when did you get a Pink Sweets PCB?
I snagged the cheapo kit from Icarus about 3 weeks ago (it took about a week to arrive).

I've only made it as far as the stage 5 boss and I haven't even broken 4 million points yet.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

stage 5 bboss is THE barrier. good luck on ever getting past this bastard
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice one kiken.

and i figured out the boat thing months ago. thought i'd posted about it in one of the threads, but maybe not :oops:

also had that thing with st3 bosses bombs, and the eight-way green suicide bullets. you guys wait till you have the rank explode on you, with no warning, that's hilarious. wish i had a video capture set up.

but yeah, glad to see another new pink sweets owner :D
DEL

?!¬

Post by DEL »

A question for Mr Plasmo and jpj:- I showed the Old Mills a high rank run with Lace taking all roses for points and the Stage 4 Boss was fine, nice wide patterns, I hardly needed to bomb. It let me through to Stage 5 without fuss.
Then I decided to show Mills a low rank run, like the one on super-play.co.uk with the first ship with red special spread, not collecting any roses or powerups aside from the first special. The Stage 3 Boss threw suicide bullets at me :o , the Stage 4 mid Boss snake threw suicide bullets at me :o , then the Stage 4 Boss threw nasty super tight patterns at me.
This was on 'supposedly' low rank?! Picking up next to nothing and losing lives.
Why was the low rank run hell on the Stage 3 and 4 Bosses?
The low rank run stages were ok - the Stage 4 snakes were lazy and died easily, but what the Hell happened to the Bosses?!

So much for collecting nothing and going for 'supposedly' low rank :? .
Why was I better off going greedy with Lace?
All that effort to reduce rank and I get bullets up the kazoo :?

*Answer in not less than 10,000 words. Your answers will be graded on literary style, substance and level of didactic reasoning.
jpj

Re: ?!¬

Post by jpj »

DEL wrote: *Answer in not less than 10,000 words. Your answers will be graded on literary style, substance and level of didactic reasoning.
you're shit?
DEL

¬!

Post by DEL »

jpj gets 1%.

Anyway, I guess its as you say in your PM jpj - Its probably just an anomaly that happens once in a while :roll: .
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

did you show him the low rank run straight after the high rank run ??
mebbes pink sweets carries on the rank from previous games ala batrider.. thats speculation on my part tho ..
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Maybe you died early on in your "high rank" run and the items you collected didnt affect the rank cause you had no lives in stock. besides that, roses and items dont matter that much, the worst you can do is bomb. one bomb raises the rank as worse as 20 surplus items do.
@charlie chong
im quite sure it doesnt
Last edited by Plasmo on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Plasmo gets 80%.

Ok so bombs are the culprit. I already knew that they raised rank, but maybe I went a bit bomb crazy in stage 4 :? .

Cheers, DEL
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Plasmo wrote: @charlie chong
im quite sure it doesnt
yeah i didn't think it would but i am glad to hear it confirmed ! it is a stupid system to put in a game :roll:
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Plasmo, can you please post your strategy guide here (create a new thread). I have a few comments, and don't have the time to register/post on duplicate forums.
jpj

Post by jpj »

i think you should register to danmaku dave :)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Dave_K. wrote:Plasmo, can you please post your strategy guide here (create a new thread). I have a few comments, and don't have the time to register/post on duplicate forums.
It takes about as much time to register as it did for you to type that message.

Basically I set up the forums to be focused solely on Cave, with the best players and most knowledgeable collectors all assembled to contribute (though all other Cave fans are welcome as well, of course). The results have been great so far, with totally exclusive strategy guides and reviews for the recent Cave games, and lots of other exclusive content and up-to-date info, which will only grow in the future. It's also nice that the forum is troll-free.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thanks, but its not registering thats time consuming, but rather posting and reading on duplicate forums just seems very inefficient to me. I understand what you are trying to make there (and the particular reason why), I just don't have time for it thats all. :wink:

Mods, please lock this thread as Plasmo has started a new strat thread here.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Gotcha.

Though truth be told comparatively little of the content is "duplicated" from this forum (or any other forum).