Its Confirmed for PS2 Mushi from Gamespot

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
shariar07

Its Confirmed for PS2 Mushi from Gamespot

Post by shariar07 »

Gamespot confirm release of Mushishama(i spelled it wrong) for Ps2 in July 21

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/26 ... 23049.html
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Grev ports that the price is 6297.... errr... tax. :)

Maybe we need Neon to start posting BS threads about other releases we want to see. :)
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

The PlayStation 2 port of Mushihime-sama will feature three difficulty modes similar to the arcade version. It will also include a new "arranged mode," which offers extra functions to help out the player, such as an automatic bomb trigger that goes off when the player is hit by an enemy.
I hope what the mean is "when the player is about to be hit by an enemy." It's a silly idea either way, but it'd be cheap to get extra hits.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

The limited edition sounds intriguing:

"The regular edition of the game will be priced at 6,090 yen ($57), while a limited-edition version will cost 7,329 yen ($69). The limited edition will include a toy figure of the game's main character, Princess Reko, as a child."

I wonder if the figurine is the same one that comes with the soundtrack?

http://www.cave.co.jp/amvisual/soundtrack/index.html

Click on the pictures for a better view.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Maybe we need Neon to start posting BS threads about other releases we want to see. Smile
Fuck no dude, we have to start online petitions! :P
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

"Mushihime-sama set to bug PlayStation 2 gamers"
Groan...:P
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

alpha5099 wrote:
The PlayStation 2 port of Mushihime-sama will feature three difficulty modes similar to the arcade version. It will also include a new "arranged mode," which offers extra functions to help out the player, such as an automatic bomb trigger that goes off when the player is hit by an enemy.
I hope what the mean is "when the player is about to be hit by an enemy." It's a silly idea either way, but it'd be cheap to get extra hits.
They probably do mean when you get hit. ESPGaluda does the same thing when you get hit in kakusei mode.

Good news that it's been confirmed, although I admit I'm not as interested in this game as I am in Ibara. Still, no complaints.
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

GaijinPunch wrote:Maybe we need Neon to start posting BS threads about other releases we want to see.
Nemo? (http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1526)

Cugel wrote:I wonder if the figurine is the same one that comes with the soundtrack?
It's expected to be a new figurine. I have an unshaking dread it will be a Kubrick ;(
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

That "releases a bomb when player is about to be hit by an enemy" feature is also seen on the practice mode of Batrider. I've tried it a few times there, it works OK sometimes but usually triggers unnecessarily and wastes your bombs when you dodge too closely to bullet patterns...
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Yeah i personally like Ibara more, but one can't complain i just hope taito does a good job.

I'm also hoping for these released by my favorites titles

1. IBARA
2.Raiden 3 or Ketsui
3. Homura
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Shar, just a friendly note, I posted about the Gamespot story in the pS2 Mushi "official" thread last night. Please post all news or thoughts on the release in the official thread. I am respectfully closing this now.