Pulstar - Made by Ex-Irem Employees or Not?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dczx

Pulstar - Made by Ex-Irem Employees or Not?

Post by dczx »

I've been researching Pulstar on google and everywhere I see these rumours that it was made by ex-IREM employees. Other places say this is not true. Does anyone know for sure? This is bugging me.
make a reaction
memorizing a pattern
must not be shot down
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Yeah, I've heard from just about everyone that some Irem guys worked on the game.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

It certainly has a lot of similarities, but I don't think anyone can give a guaranteed statment about it - iirc the credit listings in both games only give nicknames and the like. Grr.
dczx

Post by dczx »

From Arcade-History.com:

R-Type Leo was developed by Irem's internal group 'Nanao' (authors of te famous "Meikyuu Jima"); the original authors of R-Type's series went to 'Aicom' (bought by SNK) to develope "Pulstar".

does that sound right?
make a reaction
memorizing a pattern
must not be shot down
Recap

Post by Recap »

dczx wrote:From Arcade-History.com:

R-Type Leo was developed by Irem's internal group 'Nanao' (authors of te famous "Meikyuu Jima"); the original authors of R-Type's series went to 'Aicom' (bought by SNK) to develope "Pulstar".

does that sound right?

Since it was me the one who wrote that info for Arcade History, let me say that the whole Irem-SNK thing expands to many other titles like Last Resort, Top Hunter of KOF94. R-Type people working on Pulstar was published by some Euro mag at the moment, anyways.
dczx

Post by dczx »

Okay, so did the R-Type Leo team also work on the original R-Type and R-Type II that went to Pulstar?
make a reaction
memorizing a pattern
must not be shot down
Recap

Post by Recap »

dczx wrote:Okay, so did the R-Type Leo team also work on the original R-Type and R-Type II that went to Pulstar?
So nope.