RQ: taito legends 2 darius gaiden

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
tekneekz

RQ: taito legends 2 darius gaiden

Post by tekneekz »

any way of turning autofire in the taito legends 2 (PS2) version?? i cant really enjoy it right now :/ getting tired of tapping like a mad man, thanks
PSN: VietNam1
doctorx0079

Re: taito legends 2 darius gaiden

Post by doctorx0079 »

tekneekz wrote:any way of turning autofire in the taito legends 2 (PS2) version?? i cant really enjoy it right now :/ getting tired of tapping like a mad man, thanks
Huh?? I'm just holding down the button, no problems. I'm using a regular Dual Shock 2 and all default settings. Maybe your controller is broken??

BTW I LOVE Darius Gaiden. I played it for ~3 hours today, credit feeding so I could see all the endings.
SWY: Games are just for fun
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I think he means the more rapid autofire setting that makes the game a load easier (basically, anyone who got anywhere in the game during the STGT used it).

I have the JP version of the Taito collection, and the only way I've found to kinda-sorta increase the autofire rate on there is to map the "shot" function to two different buttons and then tap both. It's not something you'll be able to do through the whole game, but it can help at certain points.

Not that it makes the game any better. :P
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

It looks like tapping the button makes your shots a LITTLE faster. I do fine just holding down the button. Bah.
SWY: Games are just for fun
tekneekz

Post by tekneekz »

dam so i borrowed my friends hrap and turned the turbo on for the shot button, its soooooo much better that i think the game shouldve had autofire function from the start, wish their was a way to config it
PSN: VietNam1
MJR

Post by MJR »

There's NO WAY to survive any of the later bosses without tapping the button - hard - which is something that's not possible with basic playstation controller. That's why I wired my ps2 to arcade cabinet, instead