RQ: Soukyugurentai - Saturn - Options translations

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
DC906270

RQ: Soukyugurentai - Saturn - Options translations

Post by DC906270 »

Hello

Does anybody know if there is a training mode in Souky, similar to Battle Garegga on Saturn, that enables you to practice the stages?

Also, any help with translating the available options would be much appreciated , too :)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

There is a stage select/attack mode in there someplace, it saves at least your top score (maybe your top few) for each stage too - IIRC each stage is unlocked in that mode when you reach or clear (I forget which) the stage in arcade mode. IIRC it's one of the main menu selections, though I couldn't tell you which offhand.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

thanks, anyone else have any more detail? ive messed about with some options, but didnt come up with anything :evil:
rolins

Post by rolins »

I just into playing this and I could use a detail translation of the options menu.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

It's not that hard to figure out.
Main menu 1st option Game, 2nd Score Attack, 3rd Options, & 4th Battle Garegga Demo. Just give it a little trial and error. It's not as if you'll mess anything up by doing this. That's how I figured it out and I've played the game once.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

Limbrooke wrote:It's not that hard to figure out.
Main menu 1st option Game, 2nd Score Attack, 3rd Options, & 4th Battle Garegga Demo. Just give it a little trial and error. It's not as if you'll mess anything up by doing this. That's how I figured it out and I've played the game once.
I think the Garegga demo is only in Otokuyo right (the Satakore version)?
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

overkill55 wrote:
Limbrooke wrote:It's not that hard to figure out.
I think the Garegga demo is only in Otokuyo right (the Satakore version)?
No, you're right. So I cannot really say if there the menu layout is the same as the normal game.

Regarding the specific choices under Options. There's not much to be desired there. Sound test, button layout, difficulty, etc..
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'