RQ: Sol Divide magic attacks

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Rob

RQ: Sol Divide magic attacks

Post by Rob »

I mainly stick to using the first spell, fire, as it lasts pretty long, blocks bullets and does damage. But are any of the others worth using (for specific bosses)? Some of them seem completely worthless, will not try out each for every boss.
landshark

Post by landshark »

You want to kill everything you can with your last shot - there is some huge point bonus with doing that.

See my MARP replay (1.5 million 2nd to last form of last guy) ... here's what I can see from watching it (I haven't played it enough to have it committed to memory. I played for about a week and this is what I came up with).

1st Dragon - Just melee and bullets until an ice spell at the last minute so I can guarantee a 4th strike kill.
Hydra - just bullets until it's almost dead, then melee to kill

Ice spell the sirens in the beginning of the whatever-stage ... they are easier to kill in a bunch.

Egyptian guy, time stoopper right off the bat because it cancels his bullets. Another time stopper midway through to cancel his shots and get some more easy melee hits in.

Sand Creeper Thing - fury or whatever it's called. This boss gives me problems so I save up for this spell.

Minotaur - Ice towards the end when he makes his way across the screen and corners you.

Hippogriff Statue Thing - Ice to slow down the extra enemies. Then ... well shit ... can't remember.

1st Form Last Guy - lots of time stoppers to get in easy melee shots.
2nd Form - dunno, he killed me.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

I mainly use Tyora (or whatever the name of the chick is) while hanging back and mainly using the shot. Fire is great because of the low cost and it cancels most bullets. I believe the only other spell I use is Summon on the prickly sand demon. It's a risk, since Summon either does a ton of damage or none.

Final boss blows ass btw...